Are you ready for a treat?
Sometimes, you just need something sweet and creamy to satisfy those taste buds of yours. Luckily we have a recipe that will do just that for you!
This recipe is swirling with a delicious creaminess that's flowing with ingredients that won't leave you feeling guilty after enjoying this dessert-like smoothie (that means you can enjoy this tasty delight whenever you'd like!).
The blueberries fuel this recipe with antioxidants, while the banana gives you a well-needed boost of potassium. The pineapple offers digestive support. Coconut adds a great number of nutrients, such as electrolytes, which give this recipe a refreshing spark. The vanilla undertones give this mixture a soothing quality while the good dose of fruit adds some nutritional sunshine to your day.
Give this recipe a try and let know how you like it!
Blueberry Pineapple Galaxy Smoothie
Recipe credit: Dole Sunshine
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 cups frozen banana slices, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk, divided
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine blueberries, 1 cup banana slices, 1/2 cup almond milk in blender. Cover; blend until smooth, scraping down sides if necessary. Transfer mixture to a bowl and clean blender.
Combine pineapple, remaining 1 cup banana slices, yogurt, coconut and 2 tablespoons milk in blender. Cover; blend until smooth, scraping down sides if necessary.
- Layer smoothie mixtures by spooning blue mixture into glasses. Spoon yellow mixture on top and follow with another layer of blue mixture.
- TIP: Use a knife or small spatula to swirl the blue and yellow layers.
Note: do your best to buy certified organic ingredients to boost the health quality of this smoothie even further.
Know any other delicious dessert-like smoothies or delights? Share with us in the comments below, we would love to hear from you!