Incredibly Festive Flag Day Protein Smoothie
You’re a GRAND ol’ flag…
You're a high flying flag…
And forever in peace may you wave…
You're the emblem of, the land I love…
THE HOME OF THE FREE AND THE BRAVE!
In honor of Flag Day, whip up this festive red, white and blue protein smoothie!
What Is Flag Day?
- Celebrated annually on June 14th
- Commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States (June 14, 1777)
- The U.S. Army Birthdays are also celebrated on this date
- In 1916, the president of the United States issued a proclamation that officially established June 14th as Flag Day
- In August 1949, National Flag Day was established by an Act of Congress
How To Make A Flag Day Smoothie
Organifi Complete Protein Powder
- Vegan, gluten free, soy free, non GMO, dairy free and USDA certified organic
- Loaded with digestive enzymes that promote healthy digestion
- 20 grams of plant-based protein in each serving!
- Helps increase your body’s ability to absorb nutrients
- Boosts your immune system
- Full of vitamins and minerals
- Excellent source of antioxidant-promoting vitamin C and manganese
- Good source of dietary fiber, iodine and folate
- Rich in copper, potassium, biotin, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B6 and omega-3 fatty acids
- Naturally fat and cholesterol-free
- Has a high potassium content - great for your nerve and muscle function
- Contains a good amount of vitamin C
- Contains fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy and regular bowel movements
- High levels of phytochemicals - naturally occurring nutrients that help protect cells from damage
- Excellent antioxidant power, which protects your body from inflammation and free radicals
- Loaded with fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer
- Helps prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis and diabetes
- Low in calories, but high in nutrients
- Filled with immune-boosting vitamin C
- Coconut milk is packed with nutrients such as magnesium and potassium:
- Muscles use these to repair broken down tissue and to grow back stronger
- Coconut milk does not need to be fully digested first before your body can use it
- Great source of energy for your brain
- Excellent source of plant-based iron
Flag Day Smoothie
In a high speed blender, mix the red layer ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a cup and place in the freezer.
- Rinse out the blender.
Add the white layer ingredients to the blender and mix until well combined.
- Remove the cup from the freezer and pour the white layer mixture on top of the red. Place the cup back in the freezer.
- Clean the blender.
Add the blue layer ingredients and blend until mixed.
- Remove the cup from the freezer and pour the blue layer mixture on top of the white.
- Garnish with freshly chopped blueberries, strawberries and shredded coconut.
This festive smoothie will certainly help your heart beat true for the red, white and blue.
Happy Flag Day!
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
THE 1ST STEP
TOWARD BETTER HEALTH:
EASIER THAN YOU THINK!
Enjoy the full benefits of an organic juicing lifestyle without all the shopping, chopping, and clean-up. Our premium superfood blends deliver powerful nutrition with perfect flavor - every time.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Calling all pumpkin spice lovers! Check out this Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream Waffle Stack! This treat can be enjoyed in the morning as a special breakfast or even at night as a dessert!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or bland like many people may think. Just make these Triple Chocolate Pumpkin truffles for a delicious, gluten free, vegan, and simple snack!
Experience the incredible benefits of turmeric and black pepper. Promote healthy digestion, boost your immune system and get a get rid of inflammation with our simple tips on how to incorporate these superfoods into your diet.