Written by: Kat Gal
You want a bright, white smile. So you are using your tooth whiteners like a boss.
Did you know that commercial tooth whiteners can actually cause more harm than good? Do you want to know how to protect and whiten your teeth naturally? Read on!
The Problem With Commercial Tooth Whiteners
Commercial tooth whiteners may bring you a nice smile, but they are not natural and made with toxic chemicals.
Commercial teeth whiteners come with health risks, such as (10):
- Teeth becoming translucent
- Gum irritation
- Gum receding
- Oral infections/diseases
- Teeth becoming brittle
- Teeth going yellow again FASTER than before
The good news is that you can have healthy AND white teeth using natural methods, like turmeric.
How To Whiten Teeth With Turmeric Recipe
How Turmeric Can Help Your Teeth
Because turmeric is highly anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal, it is highly beneficial for your teeth. I can help with (9):
- Oral infections
- Tooth irritation
- Gum reddening
- Decalcifying your pineal gland
- Protection from fluoride damage
Try This Turmeric Tooth Whitener
It’s natural, simple, easy to use and good for your teeth.
Turmeric Teeth Whitener
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 capsules worth turmeric powder (about ½ -1 tsp)
- A little peppermint oil
- Wet your toothbrush and dip it in the mixture. Brush it on teeth as you would toothpaste. Allow it to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Spit and rinse well.
- Continue daily for a few days or even a week until you see desired results.
Other Benefits Of Turmeric:
- Depression and anxiety reduction (1)
- Reducing inflammation (2)
- Reducing pain (3)
- Full of antioxidants (4)
- Reducing oxidative stress (4)
- Preventing cancer (5)
- Helping your digestion (6)
- Helping autoimmune conditions (7)
- Helping those with diabetes (8)
Other Ways To Use Turmeric:
- Add it to curries, Asian inspired dishes and cooked meals.
- Make golden milk, or try Organifi Gold! Gold can help cleanse your system, strengthen your immune system, calm your mind and relax your body.
- Add it to smoothies.
- Use it for baking and raw desserts.
- Use it for facemasks.
Now that you see the benefits and uses of turmeric, I bet you want to include it in your daily life. Your body will thank you for it!
How will you add turmeric to your health routine? Do you have other natural teeth whitening tricks? Share away in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.
And remember, we're in this together.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.References: