Written by: Kat Gal
Having cookies for breakfast is totally possible if you choose these healthy, protein-filled and delicious breakfast cookies. They are also an excellent snack or post-workout option.
These cookies are healthy, natural, processed sugar-free, vegetarian (can be made completely vegan), gluten-free, chocolate-y and super tasty. The Organifi Complete Protein Powder fills these cookies with healthy, plant-based protein, essential vitamins and a sweet chocolate flavor (that almost tastes like ice cream!).
The pumpkin seeds and nuts provide extra protein, healthy fats and omega 3-s to reduce inflammation. The goji berries give it an exotic flavor and a boost of antioxidants, while the bananas make it moist with a kick of potassium for recovery and energy. They are easy to make and even easier to eat.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups of GF quick cooking oats
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg or ⅓ extra mashed banana
- ¼ cup almond milk or other nut milk
- ¼ cup of goji berries
- ¼ cup of nuts of your choice (walnuts, cashews, almonds, etc.)
- ¼ cup of Organifi Complete Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds or other seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: you can add cacao nibs, dark chocolate chips, raisins, coconut flakes or whatever other superfoods, seeds or dried fruits you wish
Instructions:1. Preheat your oven at 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease well with coconut oil.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add heaping tablespoons of the mix on your baking sheet then press them gently with a fork. It should make 20 - 24 cookies.
4. Bake it for 15-18 minutes until lightly brown.
5. Let cool completely and enjoy. Store them in your fridge up to 4-5 days or keep it in your freezer for longer.
Tip: If you want to be experimental, you may even try to add a scoop or two of our Organifi Green Juice Powder for extra greens and superfoods. Live a little - be adventurous!
Let us know how you liked these cookies. If you have any cookie recipes using protein powders, share them in the comments below. We would always love to hear your ideas and try your recipes.
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
About The Author
Kat Gal is the creator of Long Distance Relationship Help (http://longdistancerelationshiphelp.com/), a site which offers tips, tools, inspiration and resources to create a successful and happy relationships, no matter where in the world you may be. She knows from personal experience that love is possible despite the miles, you just have to navigate your way around it. She is passionate about the world and finds her creativity outlet as a writer and educator. You can follow her on her website and her Facebook page.