Today let’s talk about how to reset your body and help melt away stubborn fat in just one day. Yup. One day!!
Even if you’re eating the exact right foods in the perfect quantities, none of it matters if you’re not digesting them. The truth is… digestion is why most people really struggle to see the big changes in their bodies. They remain stuck, frustrated, burned-out and tired of wasting time not having the delicious, sexy body they’ve always wanted.
Today I want to talk about the first step (or what we at Organifi call the Alpha Step), because it’s the beginning step in any transformation goal.
This step has changed thousands of people’s lives and if you let it, it is about to do the same for you.
Alpha State is where everything just flows. Your body doesn’t have to work hard... it just acts like the well-oiled machine it’s supposed to be.
You can breeze through your day, feeling energized and full of life.
If changing your body and losing fat doesn’t come easy to you, chances are that you are suffering from poor digestion right now.
The most common symptoms of poor digestion are:
- Gas, bloating, stomach aches
- Fatigue, mental fog
- Diarrhea or constipation
Sound familiar? I know. It’s happened to me too, which is why I’m here helping!
One Day Juice Detox
Have you ever done a juice fast? Don't worry, it sounds hard but you can do anything for a short time if you have the right reasons! In this fast you will be eating almost no food – and the food you do put in your system is strategically used to clear your digestive tract.
So what does that look like? Well, it’s not going to be a lot of JUICE… that’s for sure.
You’ll want to drink 3-6 vegetable juices throughout the day, no solid foods. The juices will be between 12-24 ounces each and on top of that, drink at least 80 - yes, 80 - ounces of water to help flush your body while detoxing.
The size of these juices will depend on your hunger level. We recommend beginning with three 24 ounce juices.
If you’re too full, make the next juice smaller. If you’re still hungry, make the next juice larger.
Also, have at a glass of water with 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (ACV). This helps remove mucus and toxins while juicing.
If you have a busy schedule and let’s say you can only make one juice for the day… replace the rest with Organifi Green Juice. It’s quick and tastes delicious. It’s minty and sweet like a dessert juice.
Keep it simple… a good rule of thumb is 3-4 organic ingredients per juice recipe to help with digestion.
- Spinach contains iodine and iron to clean the blood and alkaline minerals to maintain your pH balance.
- Kale is one of those you love to hate… but when it comes to juicing, I swear is not that bad. It’s the king of fighting inflammation.
With all of these ingredients, the quantity of each one really depends on you. You can’t go wrong, I promise. Just start small and keep moving up.
- Cucumbers: Keep you hydrated, helps flush out toxins, promote clear/healthy skin, are full of vitamins A, B and C and help promote healthy nails and hair.
- Mint: Has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any food, can help relieve seasonal allergies, promotes healthy digestion and has a calming/cooling effect on skin.
- Basil: Helps reduce inflammation and swelling and is rich in antioxidants.
- Grapefruit: Contains lots of vitamin C (which is so important with flu season in full force), is good for maintaining low blood pressure and helps prevent wrinkles.
- Beets: If kale is the king then beets are the queen. Especially of liver detoxification. Now with this little lady, you want to go easy because she packs a punch in cleansing, but also sugar so just start with one beet in your juice.
For full details watch the video above!
Abbey Gibb is a multimedia entrepreneur on a mission to empower a billion women around the world. She creates content and stories for her personal brand and for other impact entrepreneurs. Her focus is on helping women define success in health, hustle, and happiness.
She’s also an Emmy-winning TV journalist who over the past decade has traveled the country covering some of America’s biggest stories and a Board Certified Holistic Nutritionist. Her passion project is supporting education for orphans in Mexico through a non-profit called, Corazon de Vida.