3 Protein Packed Vegetarian Dinners
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
You can easily turn those Meatless Mondays into fundays with these 3 protein packed vegetarian dinners.
They are flavorful, absolutely nutritious and FUN for your tastebuds!
3 Protein Packed Vegetarian Dinners
If you are in the mood for a belly warming SOUP…
#1. Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, 13.5 ounces
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 ½ cups red lentils, dry
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 14 ounces
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ up fresh cilantro, chopped (for serving)
Over medium heat in a pot, heat the coconut oil and then put in the onion, ginger and garlic.
- Stir a few moments until they become translucent.
Add the tomato paste, curry powder, turmeric and chili.
Add the broth, coconut milk, tomatoes, carrots and lentils.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in kale.
- Add salt and pepper to desired taste.
To Serve: Scoop the soup into a bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro!
For when you want a refreshing and tasty SALAD…
#2. Avocado Grapefruit Quinoa Salad
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- 2 large grapefruit, cut into pieces
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup goat cheese,
- Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp pure olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
To prepare the quinoa: bring the stock to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in the quinoa and cook 8-10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
To prepare the dressing: in a jar with a lid, add all of the dressing ingredients, cover with lid and then shake them to combine.
3. To serve: in a large bowl, add the quinoa and chickpeas. Pour the dressing and then stir to mix.
- Add the avocado, grapefruit, goat cheese, mint and cilantro. Toss gently.
- Serve chilled.
If you are craving bold flavor, chow down on some MEXICAN food…
#3. Fiesta Zucchini Boats
- 2 large zucchinis
- ½ can black beans, drained and rinsed (about 7 ounces)
- ½ cup cooked rice
- ½ red bell pepper, cored and slices
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ jalapeno, cored and diced
- ½ tbsp olive oil, additional ½ teaspoon
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- ½ cup cheese (monterey jack or cheddar)
- Fresh lime wedges
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a casserole dish.
Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds (use a small spoon or melon baller).
- Brush the skin with olive oil and place in the casserole dish (skin side down)
To prepare the filling, warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the peppers and onions. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice, beans, salsa, chili/garlic/turmeric powders and cumin.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and then salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon the filling into the inside of each zucchini.
- Sprinkle each zucchini with cheese
Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and set oven to broil.
- Place dish back in oven to broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
To serve: Sprinkle each boat with fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
It certainly won't take you so long just to figure out what you’re gonna EAT with these yummy recipes!
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
About The Author
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.