Written by: Joanne Beccarelli
Are you already embracing greens?
Green is the color of the vitality in health foods and drinks. The movement of greens is swelling, showing that there are great ways to eat greens (kale, spinach, collards, etc.). You can juice greens, make smoothies that are green and even throw back shots of greens.
It is all for loading up on key nutrients so much that you reduce your chances of developing (and increase your chances of recovering from) big diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer to name a few.
Now, if you could supercharge what you are already doing (and increase the amount of benefits you are receiving) by adding in a tablespoon of a miraculous powdered food to your juices and smoothies or even some foods, would you give it a try? I bet you would - and I suggest you do!
That miracle ‘food’ is a freshwater, nutrient-packed, blue-green microalgae called spirulina. And here’s what spirulina has to offer:
1. Spirulina is between 60-70% protein by dry weight, or 4g of protein for each tablespoon. That’s more than meat and even soybeans. Although you won’t be eating enough to have it be a primary protein source, it’s a powerful supplement.
2. Spirulina contains all 8 essential amino acids in the correct ratios and 10 non-essential amino acids. With so many key amino acids available for ready access, the body’s cells are ready to “manufacture enzymes, proteins, hormones, brain chemicals and the other products of metabolism” (1).
3. Spirulina contains high levels of B-vitamins riboflavin (B2) and thiamine (B1), which are necessary for the body to turn carbohydrates into accessible energy. Just 1 tablespoon supplies 15% of the RDA for riboflavin and 11% of the RDA for thiamin.
4. Spirulina also supplies 11% of the RDA for iron in 1 tablespoon.
5. Spirulina is rich in minerals such as potassium, calcium, zinc, magnesium, manganese, selenium, iron and phosphorous and trace elements.
6. Spirulina contains antioxidants and important carotenoids and is one of the best known sources of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which is an important fatty acid for skin, joints and heart health.
Here’s how those nutritional benefits translate into better health:
Don't like the taste of spirulina? We've got your back! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Let me know if you’re using Spirulina and how it’s impacted your health! Comment below.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Walking is the world’s greatest form of exercise!
You may think it’s ordinary. If you are able-bodied, you may even take it for granted. You wouldn’t believe how important and powerful walking really is.
When I say testosterone, men and sex may be the first things that come to your mind.
Testosterone is actually present in females as well and has multitudes of other roles besides sexual functions. Sure, testosterone is the principal male hormone that affects the libido and penile erection frequency in males. However, testosterone affects your whole body.