You don't need a gym in order to get a good workout! You can exercise anytime, anywhere with a few great moves. Try these leg & booty workouts to tone up those legs!
Home Workout For Legs & Glutes
- High knees
- Glute kickers
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Set your head in a neutral position with your ears aligned with your shoulders, hips, and ankles, and maintain this position as you hint back and bend forward. Keep your knees soft with a slight bend, and push your hips and hamstrings back as far as you can until your torso is parallel to the floor. Picture yourself closing a door with your backside. Pause, and then push your hips forward and come to a full stand. Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement Curtsy lunge full, back to standing. (10 L, 10 R or 20 seconds each side)
- Curtsy lunge full, back to standing. (10 L, 10 R or 20 seconds each side)
- Single leg hip thrusts (Laying down) – one leg up
- Reverse Lunge full, back to standing. (10 L, 10 R or 20 seconds each side)
- Side Lunge full, back to standing. (10 L, 10 R or 20 seconds each side)
- Single leg Glute Bridge (Laying down) – one leg up
Stay tuned for more awesome workouts from Sheri!
Sheri Matthews Kimmel is a leading San Diego based Corporate Wellness Professional, consulting for startups to large, multi-location businesses, benefit brokerage firms. A USD graduate, Sheri has consulted with San Diego's healthiest companies, multi-location entities, and leverages her relationships with large lifestyle brands such as Fitbit and lululemon to collaborate on a grander scale. She is recognized community fitness leader or large group fitness and events, a decorated Boston Marathon qualifying runner, and a long time volunteer from organizations from Challenged Athletes Foundation, Boys & Girls Clubs, Rady's Children', USD, Girls on the Run.