If there is a salad that should be your staple this summer, this is definitely it! It is hydrating, nourishing and delicious.
Benefits Of Avocado Salad
- The cucumber in the salad can rehydrate your body and replenish daily vitamins and minerals you need. Cucumbers are especially refreshing in the summertime when you sweat a lot.
- The tomatoes can reduce inflammation in your body and protect your heart in the meantime.
- Avocados are a healthy source of fats that are great for your digestion, heart, brain and inflammation-related pain.
- Onions can help boost the detoxification process in your body, kill bad bugs and fight inflammation.
- Parsley is wonderful for your digestion, immune system and for beating inflammation.
- Cilantro is particularly amazing for heavy metal detoxification, but also great for your digestion, healthy sleep and combating inflammation.
- Olives can protect you against infections and inflammation and are great for healthy cholesterol levels, your heart, blood pressure and skin.
- Lemons bring in alkalizing, cleansing and anti-inflammatory properties with a boost of vitamin C.
- Turmeric is one of the most powerful spices out there with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. When used along with black pepper, it becomes 2,000 times more potent. This is why we have added black pepper to our Organifi Gold tea, which is a tasty nighttime drink with tons of benefits for your body and mind.
Anti-Inflammatory Avocado Salad
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ⅛ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder as you desire
Instructions: After slicing and dicing your cucumber, tomatoes, avocados, onion, parsley, cilantro and olives, add them all to a large salad bowl. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Toss well.
You won’t be disappointed if you try this anti-inflammatory salad! So
What is your favorite summer salad? Have you tried adding turmeric to it? Let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.