By: Drew Canole
Love me some pancakes, please…
“But what about all the carbs, gluten and dairy?!” you may wonder.
Oh, stop the nonsense. You can totally have your pancakes and your protein too without all the gunk (gluten and dairy) that can give you tummy issues and inflammation if you have a sensitivity or allergy to any of it.
Instead of using refined white flour, this recipe is made with GF oat flour and GF all purpose flour, making it perfect for anyone with celiac disease, gluten allergies or sensitivity or anyone who just wants to try some gluten-free goodies.
This recipe is completely dairy-free. There are no eggs or honey either, making these pancakes completely vegan to meet your ethical and dietary needs. If you are not vegan, you will still love them - these pancakes are out of this world, I promise.
Wait, these are vegan? But what about the protein?!
When eating a vegan, vegetarian or mostly plant-based diet, you can easily meet your protein needs through seeds, nuts, beans and grains. If you are still worried or want an extra protein boost, plant protein powders come to your rescue.
Organifi Protein Powder is made with high-quality, organic plant protein, namely pumpkin seed protein, pea protein and quinoa protein. We have added digestive enzymes to help your body function better.
Thanks to Organifi in your pancakes, you will feel more satisfied for longer. You can even eat these pancakes as a post-workout meal to help your muscle recovery.
Apple Banana Protein Pancakes (Gluten & Dairy Free)
Makes approx: 10-14 pancakes
- 1 cup oat flour (just ground up GF oats)
- 1 cup all purpose GF flour
- 2 scoops Organifi Protein Powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple (peeled)
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup almond milk (plus more if needed)
1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Set aside.
2. Using a cheese grater, grate the apple and banana into a separate bowl. Add the vanilla and maple syrup, then mix together.
3. Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Add the almond milk. Mix just until all ingredients are combined. Do not over-mix or your pancakes will be rubbery (if too thick, add more almond milk, if too thin, add a little more oat flour).
4. Lightly grease griddle or pan. Using a ¼ or ⅓ measuring cup (depending on how big you want your pancakes), pour batter on warm griddle. Make sure it’s not too hot or outside will cook too fast and won't cook the batter and fruit all the way through.
5. Top with maple syrup, bananas and walnuts. Enjoy!
When you make your pancakes, don’t forget to snap a photo and tag us on social media. Let’s see your smiley faces getting ready for some pancake-action.
How did you enjoy our Organifi Protein Powder in your pancakes? Have you used Organifi in any other creative ways? Let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.