Benefits Of Cranberries
From food to medicine to making dyes for clothes, cranberries have a long standing history of being a versatile berry.
Can you remember the first time you encountered cranberry?
I’m willing to bet it may have had to do with Thanksgiving Dinner (anyone else find it oddly satisfying to see perfect “can lines” after dumping out the cranberry sauce? Mmmmm).
Well, these bold berries easily deserve a spotlight on your plate year round!
Not only do they have a high nutrient and antioxidant content, but they are also low in calories. Half a cup of cranberries has only 25 calories - a snacker’s DELIGHT!
Nutritional Profile Of Cranberries
These beautiful berries may be small… but they are certainly MIGHTY. Each one is full of:
Vitamin C - A powerful natural antioxidant that blocks damaging free radicals.
Vitamin E - A fat-soluble antioxidant involved in immune functions. Helps prevent or delay free radicals that cause chronic disease.
Phytonutrients - And other elements such as vitamin K and manganese that help protect your body from harmful free radicals while offering inflammation-reducing and cancer-preventing properties.
Fiber - The high fiber content significantly lowers your risk of developing: gastrointestinal diseases, stroke, coronary heart disease, diabetes, obesity and hypertension. It also improves insulin sensitivity, enhances weight loss and lowers blood and cholesterol levels.
Yes, yes and MORE YESSSSSSSS. Go, cranberries, go!
Now let’s dive a bit deeper into how cranberries can improve your health and wellness:
Health Benefits Of Cranberries
Improve Your Immune Function
Lower Your Risk Of Urinary Tract Infection
- Cranberries are full of vitamin C, which enhances your body’s resistance against infections and diseases
Prevent Certain Types Of Cancer
- Helps prevent the development of UTIs because they contain compounds that prevent E. coli from staying in your urinary tract
- Cranberry also contains salicylic acid and anthocyanins, which have inflammation-reducing and analgesic effects
Research found that women with recurrent UTIs had a 35 percent reduction in infections when they took cranberry over a year period
Give Your Oral Health A Boost
- Cranberries are beneficial in slowing tumor progression
Have shown to have positive effects against breast, colon, ovarian, prostate and liver cancers
Lower Your Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease
- Cranberries prevent bacteria from binding to your teeth, thanks to the same proanthocyanidins that help deter UTIs
- Helpful in preventing gum disease
- The polyphenols in cranberries help reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Prevents platelet build-up while reducing your blood pressure (thanks to cranberries inflammation-reducing properties)
How to Eat MORE Cranberries
- Put a small handful of frozen cranberries in your favorite smoothie.
- Make a healthy homemade “Trail Mix” with raw nuts, seeds and dried cranberries.
- Toss cranberries into your salad for a boost of fresh flavor.
- Make muffins (or cookies!) - Chop up dried cranberries and add them to your go-to healthy muffin or cookie recipe.
- Boost Your Veggies: Toss dried cranberries into a bowl of your favorite roasted veggies to add a sweet and tangy touch
Do you have a creative way in which you use CRANBERRIES? Share with us below!
Increase Fat Loss & STOP Aging Skin With A Delicious Mix Of 11 Revitalizing Ingredients: Finally All Together In One Delicious Red Glass! It’s never been done! We picked the best organic superfoods for a RAPID metabolism. Then we sourced all the antioxidants for stronger, firmer skin. (Everything’s Organic!) Finally, we squeezed them all into one delicious red superfood punch! Try Organifi Red Juice today!
THE 1ST STEP
TOWARD BETTER HEALTH:
EASIER THAN YOU THINK!
Enjoy the full benefits of an organic juicing lifestyle without all the shopping, chopping, and clean-up. Our premium superfood blends deliver powerful nutrition with perfect flavor - every time.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Calling all pumpkin spice lovers! Check out this Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream Waffle Stack! This treat can be enjoyed in the morning as a special breakfast or even at night as a dessert!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or bland like many people may think. Just make these Triple Chocolate Pumpkin truffles for a delicious, gluten free, vegan, and simple snack!
Experience the incredible benefits of turmeric and black pepper. Promote healthy digestion, boost your immune system and get a get rid of inflammation with our simple tips on how to incorporate these superfoods into your diet.