Serious on the outside.
PARTY on the inside!
I don’t think there is a better way to describe the peculiar package of the pomegranate fruit.
Let’s take a closer look at what makes pomegranate the perfect pick-me-up:
What Is Pomegranate?
- A fruit bearing small tree that is in the Lythraceae family
- The tree grows up to 16-26 feet tall!
- Growing season is from September to February (in the Northern Hemisphere)
- Was cultivated in ancient times in Iran and throughout the Mediterranean region and Northern India
- Became more common in the Western markets in the 20th and 21st centuries
- Bears a red-skinned fruit that contains large amounts of small seed-like casings called ‘arils’
- Used for baking, cooking, juice blends, smoothies, garnishes and various beverages
Health Benefits Of Pomegranate
While this fruit may have a pretty “skin,” the real beauty (and health benefits) lies within:
- Loaded with potassium and vitamin C
- Reduces brain inflammation
- Contains strong and powerful antioxidants, which buffer against the effects of free radicals
- Extremely beneficial for your heart health - increases oxygen levels in your heart
- Lowers your risk of heart disease
- Reduces cholesterol
- Can help fight infection and boost your immune system
- Lowers your risk of cancer, especially prostate and breast
- Had been shown to protect against diet induced obesity
- Protects against Alzheimer’s disease
How To Eat MORE Pomegranate
From sweet treats to scrumptious salads, here are 3 ideas for how you can eat more pomegranate this week:
- 2 ½ cups pomegranate seeds
- 5.25 ounces quality dark chocolate (melted), at least 72 % cacao
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Melt the chocolate and mix all of the ingredients together. Spoon small amounts of the mixture onto a lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- 2 pears, cubed
- ⅔ cup nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans), toasted
- Optional: feta cheese crumbles
- Dressing: ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon raw honey, ½ clove fresh minced garlic, 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional), salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all of the salad ingredients. Whisk together the dressing and toss in the salad.
- ½ scoop Organifi Red Juice (includes pomegranate powder!)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup granola
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ½ tablespoon raw honey
- In a glass, add a layer of each ingredient
- Stir the Organifi Red Juice powder into the Greek yogurt. In a glass, add a layer of each ingredient. Drizzle with honey to serve.
Mahatma Gandhi once said…
“It is health that is real wealth, not piece of gold and silver.”
But what he forgot to add is that a real wealth of health is in each and every piece of pomegranate!
How do YOU use pomegranate? SHARE your thoughts below!
Increase Fat Loss & STOP Aging Skin With A Delicious Mix Of 11 Revitalizing Ingredients: Finally All Together In One Delicious Red Glass! It’s never been done! We picked the best organic superfoods for a RAPID metabolism. Then we sourced all the antioxidants for stronger, firmer skin. (Everything’s Organic!) Finally, we squeezed them all into one delicious red superfood punch! Try Organifi Red Juice today!