Are you looking for a delicious brunch alternative? Try this cauliflower toast.
Cauliflower has been the main ingredient of various gluten-free pizza recipes and has taken over the world with delicious cauliflower rice recipes. But did you know that you can even make TOAST out of it?
Unlike regular toast, cauliflower toast is definitely gluten and grain-free. It’s delicious and you can top it with any regular savory toast topping, including avocados, hummus, lettuce and tomato.
Cauliflowers are anti-inflammatory and rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber. They are low in calories, yet are satisfying, keeping your waistline in check.
What brings extra superpowers to this recipe is the turmeric powder. I bet you’re not surprised to hear this. Turmeric is one of the most potent superfoods out there with anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties and the ability to fight just about any sort of inflammation, infection and disease out there. It can help chronic pain symptoms and boost the recovery process after surgery or a hard workout.
Don’t forget to add black pepper to your cauliflower toast. Mixed with black pepper, turmeric becomes 2,000 times more powerful. This is why we also added black pepper to our Organifi Gold turmeric golden milk drink.
But anyway, back to the recipe:
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 large egg (or chia egg or flax egg)
- ½ cup of shredded carrot
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Himalayan sea salt and black pepper to taste
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven at 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it with coconut oil.
2. Grate your cauliflower.
3. Microwave it on high for 8 minutes or steam it well, then dry it with a cheesecloth.
4. Add your egg (or chia/flax egg), carrots, garlic powder, turmeric, paprika, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Shape them in toast shapes on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
7. Transfer them to a plate. You can top it with mashed avocado for an avocado sandwich, hummus, lettuce and tomato, or whatever else your heart may desire.
What did you top your cauliflower toast with? Share in the comments below. We would love to hear your ideas.