Written by: Drew Canole
Protein bars are perfects snacks for after a workout, during a road trip, on a hike, for an afternoon pick-me-up, during a busy day or even for a quick breakfast on-the-go.
The problem is that most protein bars on the market are made with lots of processed sugars and artificial ingredients. Those are not exactly good for your body - in fact, they can lead to inflammation, chronic pain and disease.
You really don’t want your snack to create health problems. You want your protein bars to have remedying benefits and to fill you up with lots of energy instead.
You are in luck. We have the PERFECT protein bar for you!
It’s easy to make. Being home-made, it is actually cheaper than buying all those bars at the store with hefty price-tags. They are full of anti-inflammatory omega-3s (thank you, chia and pumpkin seeds!) and good fats (thank you almonds, coconut, almond butter and seeds!).
These bars have the texture of a chewy cranberry crunch perfect bar except with a
totally Organifi-ish spin! Packed with protein, desiccated coconut, almond butter
and dried cherries and seeds. They are insanely great!
Cherry-Coconut And Almond Butter Protein Bars
Makes 8 bars
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dried cherries
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- ½ cup Organifi Vanilla Complete Protein
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seed protein
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes (optional), or just shredded coconut
Instructions:1. Line a 9 x 6–inch dish or baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on each side.
2. Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and set aside in a bowl.
3. Add 2 cups of dried coconut to the food processor and blend until reaching the consistency of very fine flour.
4. Add half of the cherries and pulse until roughly chopped. Pour in the almond butter, protein powder and almond milk and blend together until well combined. The resulting mixture will be quite sticky.
5. Add the almonds back in along with chia seeds, pumpkin seed protein and salt and pulse a few times until combined, being careful not to over blend.
6. Add the remaining ½ cup of dried cherries and the ¼ cup of thick coconut shavings or shredded coconut to the mixture and stir to disburse throughout.
7. Press mixture very firmly down into the prepared dish, it should be around ¾ inch high.
8. Sprinkle with a few coconut shavings and pumpkin seeds, cover and cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until firm enough to cut.
*These will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.