Cozy pillows, a good book, your favorite music, perhaps a cuddly kitten... and a cup of GINGER TEA. That’s heaven!
It’s more than relaxation. It is self-love and self-care at it’s finest.
Ginger tea is not only delicious, but it is the superstar of natural medicine. You absolutely need it in your life.
In this article, you will learn why reducing inflammation, performing a liver reset and kidney cleanse is so important. You will learn how ginger can help you with that and how to protect your health with a daily cup of ginger tea.
Inflammation is your body’s way to protect you from potential harm, such as infections, toxins, and injuries. It is part of your body’s inherent immune response to release chemicals to trigger an inflammation response to help your body recover fast from illness and injury.
Acute inflammation is actually very good and important. Without it, your wounds would become septic, and even minor infection could become a serious problem resulting in tissue damage or even death.
The problem with inflammation is when it becomes chronic. Unlike acute inflammation which clears up within a few days or weeks, chronic inflammation is long-term. It is an ongoing inflammatory response that keeps your body at a constant state of alert and fight. When you are experiencing chronic stress - physical, emotional, or chemical - from unhealthy foods, environmental toxins, or a stressful lifestyle, your body views all these stressors as a potential harm. It wants to defend you, hence it releases inflammation on a constant.
Chronic inflammation may have a harmful impact and may lead to pain and chronic disease. Hence reducing inflammation is absolutely crucial to your health.
How to Reduce Inflammation
You can reduce chronic inflammation by following a few simple dietary and lifestyle tips, such as:
- Remove inflammatory foods from your diet, such as refined sugar, refined oils, processed foods, artificial ingredients, and additives
- Add plenty of anti-inflammatory foods to your diet, such as greens, veggies, fruits, herbs, spices, and superfoods
- Avoid chemicals and toxins in your life, use natural, organic, or homemade cleaning, body, and beauty products.
- Reduce plastic in your life.
- Hydrate well. Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water a day.
- Sleep plenty. 7 - 9 hours a night is recommended.
- Exercise regularly.
- Reduce stress in your life. Add activities that lower your stress levels, such as nature walks, meditation, journaling, yoga, and time with loved ones.
- Support your liver and kidneys to help regular cleansing.
Ginger is a wonderful anti-inflammatory spice that you will learn about later in this article. You will also find a fantastic ginger tea recipe to lower inflammation, help the liver reset and kidney cleansing, and support your overall health.
What Is the Liver?
Your liver is one of the most important and hardest working organs in your body. It is one of the main ways your body releases toxins.
Your liver works around the clock to help your body to:
- Cleanse your blood
- Store essential vitamins and minerals
- Produce bile for fat digestion
- Break down hormones
- Destroy old red blood cells
- Regulate blood composition
- Process nutrients absorbed by the intestines
- Produce essential protein and cholesterol
- Break down and metabolize medications and alcohol
Why Is a Liver Reset So Important?
When your liver is not functioning optimally, you cannot digest food, especially fats properly, and may end up experiencing inflammation, pain, and disease.
Symptoms of Liver Problems and Liver Disease
- Yellowish skin and eyes
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Itchy skin
- Dark urine
- Pale, bloody, or tar-colored stool
- Swelling in legs and ankles
- Fatigue and chronic fatigue
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- A tendency to bruise easily
If you notice signs of liver disease, it is important to visit your doctor. However, it is just as important to prevent liver disease and liver problems through regular liver detox and good nutrition.
How to Do a Liver Reset?
In order to do a liver reset, it is important that you eat herbs, superfoods, vegetables, and fruits that support your liver.
Foods that may support your liver and liver reset:
- Milk thistle
- Triphala powder
- Foods rich in potassium, such as bananas, sweet potatoes, and beet greens
While it is crucial that you eat liver-supporting foods on a daily basis, you may also benefit from a short liver reset. You may want to do a 2 or 3-day liver reset by focusing on green juices, smoothies, and salads that support your liver health. Drinking ginger tea regularly can support your daily liver function.
Another idea is to try a 24-hour liver reset.
24-Hour Liver Reset:
The week before leading up to your 24-hour liver reset, be gentle with your body and focus on cleansing, whole foods, such as greens, veggies, and fruits, and liver-supporting foods as listed earlier.
- Dilute some cranberry juice at a 3 part water, 1 part cranberry juice ratio.
- Add a ¼ teaspoon of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a tea infuser.
- Let the full infuser sit in simmering cranberry water for 20 minutes, then let it cool.
- Add the juice of 3-4 lemons, and 2-3 oranges to the tea mix and let it sit.
- Sip throughout the day.
After your 24-hour liver reset, start out with healthy, raw foods, such as greens, veggies, and fruits, and liver supporting foods, as you did before your reset. Continue living a liver-supporting diet. To further support your liver reset, try a Natural Liver Reset supplement during and after your cleanse.
Surprisingly, when considering a reset, most people tend to focus on a green juice cleanse, liver cleanse, or colon cleanses, while completely forgetting about their kidneys. However, if you are looking to reduce inflammation and achieve a full body reset, a kidney cleanse is absolutely crucial. Just like colon and liver cleanses, a kidney cleanses should be done on a regular basis. More importantly, foods that support your kidneys and a daily kidney cleanse should be part of your diet on a regular basis. Hint: Ginger and ginger tea is great as a kidney cleanse support.
What Are Your Kidneys?
Your kidneys are two small organs that are located on the two sides of your spine just below your ribs. They play a crucial role in releasing excess waste from your body, balancing electrolyte levels, and creating important hormones.
Adequate water intake and a well-rounded, whole foods diet is essential to keep your kidneys healthy and functioning. There are also some specific herbs, spices, and supplements you can use to support your kidneys and use during a kidney cleanse. You will learn about those soon.
Why Is a Kidney Cleanse Important?
Did you know that more than 30 million Americans are living with kidney disease and they don’t even know about it? This is why a regular kidney cleanse and kidney-friendly diet is so important
Signs of Kidney Disease:
- Fatigue, low energy
- Trouble concentrating
- Dry and itchy skin
- Frequent urination
- Blood in the urine
- Foamy urine
- Puffy eyes
- Poor appetite
- Swollen ankles and feet
- Muscle cramps
If you notice signs of kidney disease, it is important to visit your doctor. However, it is just as important to prevent kidney disease and kidney problems through regular kidney cleanse and good nutrition.
How to Do a Kidney Cleanse?
In order to do a kidney cleanse, it is important that you eat herbs, superfoods, vegetables, and fruits that support your kidneys.
Foods that may support your kidneys and a kidney cleanse:
- Stinging nettle
- Burdock root
- Fruits high in resveratrol, such as blueberries, grapes, and black cherries
- Lemon juice
- Foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and omega-3 supplements
Performing a 2 or 3-day kidney cleanse regularly may benefit your kidney health. During the cleanse you would be focusing on green juices and smoothies throughout the day and a salad in the evening made with kidney supporting foods.
Sample Kidney Cleanse Day:
- Breakfast: a kidney-supporting juice with ginger, turmeric, lemon juice, grape juice, and cranberry juice
- Lunch: a large smoothie with cherries, blueberries, spinach, beets, and almond milk
- Dinner: a large mixed salad with lots of spinach, grapes, peanuts, and lean protein, such as tofu, fish, or chicken
You are welcome to get creative and create your own recipes for your kidney cleanse.
Properties Of Ginger
The active compound of ginger, gingerol, powers this root with endless health and medicinal benefits. It gives ginger some powerful antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and inflammation-reducing benefits. Ginger is rich in vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, manganese, iron, and zinc.
What Is Ginger Good For?
Benefits Of Ginger and Ginger Tea
- Ginger may help relaxation
- Ginger may lower inflammation
- Ginger may help weight loss
- Ginger may boost metabolism
- Ginger may help nausea
- Ginger may aid digestion
- Ginger may lower muscle pain
- Ginger may aid liver
- Ginger may benefit the kidneys
- Ginger may boost cognition
- Ginger may aid hormonal health
- Ginger may lower the risk of cancer
- Ginger may lower cholesterol
- Ginger may improve morning sickness
- Ginger may better immune system
Why Ginger Tea?
Ginger tea is a fantastic way to quick-start or to end your day. It provides you the benefits of ginger in a simple way in a warming cup of tea. It may protect you and help you heal from colds, the flu and infections. Ginger tea may boost your digestion, reduce inflammation and cleanse your body. It is also delicious.
Ginger Tea Recipe
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- ¼ of ground turmeric
- Coconut milk
- Organic honey or maple syrup
- A cup of water
- Boil the water in a pot.
- Add ginger and turmeric to the boiling water.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the milk.
- Strain your tea and enjoy it in your favorite cup.
- Tip #1: You can enjoy your ginger tea without any milk as well.
- Tip #2: Use a scoop of Organifi Gold instead of the ginger and/or turmeric or add an extra scoop of Gold to the recipe.
One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to enjoy the benefits of ginger along with a dozen other superfoods, including turmeric, cinnamon, and turkey tail, is by drinking Organifi Gold.
Organifi Gold is a delicious nighttime body-soothing herbal tea that you can enjoy hot or cold. You may also add it to your smoothies, shakes, desserts, dips, dressings, soups and cooked recipes. It may help to cleanse your system, calm your mind, relax your body, boost the immune system and enhance your life.
For further liver support, you may use Organifi Gold in conjunction with Organifi Natural Liver Detox. It's a safe, natural, vegan superfood blend that combines Ayurvedic knowledge with cutting edge science to support your liver.
Have you ever tried ginger tea before? Do you have a favorite ginger tea recipe? What ways will you add Organifi Gold to your life? Have your tried Organifi Natural Liver Detox yet? Share your experiences, tips, and recipes in the comments section. We would love to hear from you, try your recipes, support your health journey and celebrate your milestones.
And remember, we're in this together.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person.Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at email@example.com or katgalwriter.com. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/katgalwriter. and nobsfreelancer.com for freelance writing tips.