Written by: Drew Canole
Happy Earth Day!
Earth Day is celebrated on April 22 every year around the world to celebrate our beautiful planet and to raise awareness for the protection of the environment and to promote greener and healthier living.
It may be easy to forget about it during your busy everyday life, but the Earth is your home. The Earth is there for you to give you a place to live, to breathe fresh air, to eat healthy food, to admire nature and to live a happy life. But it can’t do its job without your help - without our help. Everyone’s actions count. Your actions count. Planting a seed can be the first step to a beautiful garden or forest.
Earth Day is a day to celebrate our Earth - it’s a holiday that’s filled with ACTION.
How To Celebrate Earth Day
- Participate in a river, park or neighbourhood clean-up
- Plant a tree
- Participate in a community garden project
- Take a hike
- Throw a “Green Party” with organic food
- Participate in local Earth Day celebrations
- Write to your government representatives to make policies that protect our planet
- Teach children about the environment
Remember though, every single day is Earth Day. It is your duty to celebrate and to take care of the Earth every day of your life.
How To Take Care Of The Earth Every Day
- Go organic. Aim to always buy organic foods, or at least pay attention to the Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 list as a guide.
- Reduce and eventually eliminate the use of chemicals, including cleaning and beauty products. Use organic and natural products instead or better yet, make your own.
- Reduce and eventually eliminate processed foods and artificial ingredients. Eat a plant-based whole foods diet, organic whenever possible. Cook at home and learn new recipes.
- Grow your own food if you can. If you don’t have space for a garden, you can still sprout seeds and grow herbs and tomatoes indoors.
- Shop local. Locally grown food travels less and therefore, is better for the environment. Same goes for local clothes and other products. It supports your community too.
- Participate in community garden and other eco-projects.
- Recycle and compost. Use glass containers instead of plastic. Take your own reusable bags to the store.
- Conserve energy in your house. Turn off the lights and electricity if not needed.
- Drive less. Bike, walk and take public transport whenever possible.
- Reuse what you have and donate what you don’t need instead of throwing things away.
- Think twice before you buy something. Instead of hoarding and shopping too much, consider a more minimal lifestyle. Consider DIY and crafts before buying.
- Spend time in nature. Go for hikes. Try Earthing and hug trees.
- Raise awareness. Teach children and other adults about what you know.
- Urge the government to do their job on the grand level.
You might’ve noticed that plant-based, whole foods are on the top of the list. No surprise there. The Earth may be a home to your body, but your body is the home to your mind and soul.
One of the best way to start your Earth Day celebration is with a healthy green breakfast. Why not try this beautiful green smoothie that is filled with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber and protein to keep you healthy, energized and satisfied?
Green Parsley, Kale And Berry Protein Smoothie
- 1 scoop vanilla Organifi Complete Protein
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley
- 4 kale leaves
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1-1 ½ cups water
Instructions: Add all ingredients into a high-power blender (greens on bottom) and blend until smoothe.
How will YOU celebrate Earth Day?
In celebration of earth and arbor day, purchase a green juice and we will save a tree!! Get your green juice here.