Written by: Kat Gal
Are you constantly in need of more energy? Have you downed a pot of coffee by yourself before lunchtime? Do you need a few energy drinks just to make it through the day?
If you’re one of the millions of Americans who require a lot of caffeine and sugary drinks to make it through any normal day, then these powerful tips are for you, my friend!
With simple dietary and lifestyle changes, you can fill your life with energy to keep you happy, healthy and productive throughout the day.
I know that this seems like a lot, but trust me, all these strategies are simple and easy to implement. My favorite trick for energy includes adaptogens, superfoods that help you have sustained energy and vitality (hint: Organifi Red has lots of them!).
To learn more about adaptogens and other energy tips, read on!
When you are energized, you may run around like a Duracell bunny. Your day is productive. Your work is creative. Your mind is full of ideas. Your body is performing well during your workouts. After a busy day, you are happy to still run around with the kids or hang out with friends and loved ones.
When you are lacking energy, your day is a drag. As soon as you wake up, you can’t wait to go back to sleep. Your work, workouts, family and social life suffer. Your brain is just not functioning.
Have you ever thought about where energy comes from?
Your energy comes from food. Food is broken down by your digestive system into smaller elements, which are absorbed through your stomach and ultimately produce energy. Your body’s preferred energy source is glucose from carbs, but you can also gain energy from amino acids through proteins and fatty acids through fats.
Glucose runs through your system through your bloodstream and basically helps everything function well and properly. When it’s all working well, you feel energized, healthy and happy.
Top Dietary Suggestions For Energy
- Water! Keep hydrated by drinking 8-10 8-oz glasses of water a day. More if you work out, sweat a lot or it’s really hot outside. Green juices, superfood drinks and herbal teas are extras that can help keep you hydrated!
- Skip caffeine. Coffee and other caffeinated beverages, such as tea, cola and energy drinks, can actually deplete your energy and make you irritable and anxious if you drink too much. If you must, limit your intake to one or two caffeinated drinks per day. Choosing superfoods that boost your energy, such as spirulina or reishi is a better choice.
- Eat breakfast! Overnight your energy is fasting. It’s taking a break. By starting your day with a healthy breakfast, you can boost your metabolism and kickstart your energy. It doesn’t have to be anything big: I am not suggesting an all-you-can-eat buffet at all. A green juice, green smoothie, some homemade granola, healthy oatmeal, or gluten-free toast with some avocado can do the job. Make sure to skip refined sugar and processed foods.
- Don’t skip meals. Skipping meals can mess with your blood sugar. If you eat regularly, you can maintain your energy levels throughout the day. Make sure to refuel after a workout with a protein shake, green smoothie or a balanced snack.
- Don’t diet. Crash diets are restricting, deplete your system from vitamins, minerals and trace elements and lead to yo-yo dieting and weight gain in the long run.
- Eat a healthy diet. Focus on adding in the good stuff. Greens, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, whole grains, beans, legumes and if you eat animal products, lean meats and fish. Reduce or eliminate refined sugars, processed foods and high-salt products.
- Don’t overeat. Instead of eating large meals and feeling stuffed, focus on smaller meals and snacks or 5-6 mini-meals. Spread your calorie intake evenly throughout the day. Eat mindfully. Stop when you are satisfied. Eat when you are hungry, not when you are bored or stressed.
- Eat foods rich in iron. Women and endurance athletes, in particular, are prone to iron-deficiency. Anemia can make your tired and unhealthy. Add pumpkin seeds, quinoa, broccoli, nuts, seeds, spinach and if you eat meat, lean red meat or liver into your diet.
- Drink some Organifi Red Juice! This is my personal secret weapon for energy! Why? Because it’s filled with energy-inducing adaptogens and other delicious superfoods. Want to learn more? I bet you do!
A Word On Adaptogens And The Power Of Organifi Red!
If you are in a slump, Mother Nature has got your back! Adaptogens help the body to maintain homeostasis (balance). Unlike coffee, sugar, energy drinks and other stimulants, adaptogenic herbs can help you have sustained energy and vitality while also giving you a clearer mind and sense of calm.
Adaptogens enhance your body’s natural ability to resist physical, chemical and biological stressors. They bring your body back to normal from one extreme or another. They work kind of like a thermostat, detecting when something is slightly off and bringing it back to center.
If you are excessively tired, they help to restore energy. If you are in chronic-stress mode or have anxiety, they help to reduce cortisol (stress hormone) and bring a sense of calm and clarity.
Organifi Red is filled with powerful adaptogens to give you much-needed energy and nutrients:
- Rhodiola: Rhodiola increases ATP production. ATP gives energy to your cells and increases resting metabolism.
- Cordyceps: Cordyceps improve endurance and stamina, increase libido, strengthen the immune system, enhance aerobic performance and help to reduces stress.
- Beets: A serving of beet juice can increase oxygen in your cells by 16 percent! In fact, a study was done on triathlete women and men. After drinking beet juice, volunteers ran faster for the next two days and experienced less muscle damage and less fatigue after exercise.
- Siberian Ginseng: Siberian ginseng is an ingredient often found in energy drinks, helps to regulate blood sugar levels, improves libido, reduces inflammation, encourages a sense of well being, alleviates symptoms of depression and improves memory.
- Reishi Mushroom: Reishi is called “the king of mushrooms.” Ancient Japanese women brewed this into a tea for immortal youth.
Red Juice contains all the above superfoods and even a few more! The best part? It tastes like kool-aid or fruit punch, but has only ONE gram of sugar per serving! Red juice was formulated to be an energy-enhancing, anti-aging beverage to replace your soda or other energy drinks.
Other Lifestyle Suggestions For Energy
- Sleep! Get enough sleep, at least 8 hours a night. Getting into the habit of a nighttime routine of unwinding, turning off technology, sipping on a cup of relaxing Organifi Gold, reading, journaling and meditation can help you sleep. Try no to eat close to bed time and avoid caffeine and sugar.
- Don’t smoke. Cigarettes contain hamrful substances that are not only bad for your lungs, but your energy levels as well.
- Sit less. I understand that you may have a desk job or otherwise bound to sitting activities. Take breaks. Stretch out. Walk around a bit. Get a standing desk. Take the stairs. Walk or bike to work or to the store if possible. Exercise once a day and stretch often.
- Move more. Regular exercise can boost your energy levels, reduce your blood pressure, help you lose or maintain weight, help you sleep and improve your mood and mental health. Along with exercise, lead an active lifestyle.
- Reduce stress. Stress can deplete your energy. Work through conflicts at work, school and at home. Set your priorities, learn to say no and don’t overcommit. Learn stress reduction techniques, such as meditation, breathing exercises and cognitive-behavioral techniques. Shift your mindset to a positive one. Practice gratitude. Working with a therapist, counselor or life coach can not only help you learn stress reduction techniques and coping skills, but can also improve your mental health, even if you don’t have a mental health condition.
- Have more fun. Life without fun is... well, no fun and a good way to deplete your energy. Do activities you enjoy. Find new hobbies. Spend time with people you love. Dance. Listen to uplifting music. Do some arts and crafts. Watch a funny movie or read comics. Smile more. Laugh more. Love more.
Implementing these fantastic dietary and lifestyle tips and drinking Organifi Red Juice daily can balance your energy levels and give you back your mental clarity, strength, productivity, health and happiness.
How will you implement these tips into your daily life? Have you tried Organifi Red yet? What benefits have you experienced? Share your goals and experiences with us, we want to hear from you and support your health journey.
And remember, we're in this together.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.