Written by: Kat Gal
Are you feeling sluggish, bloated, gassy and generally off? An imbalanced gut could very likely be the reason.
To regain your health and energy, you have to start with your colon health first.
Why We Need To Detox Our Colons
Your colon absorbs nutrients and water and helps to eliminate toxins and waste from your body. When it's not functioning at its best though, it struggles to do these things and that can manifest in your overall health. It’s seriously fascinating: your entire health depends on your gut, including your physical and mental health.
40% of the U.S. population has some sort of a chronic disease. At some level, most of it is related to gut imbalance. If your gut is filled with old waste, it is no surprise that it is out of balance, feeling sluggish and is compromised with bad bacteria overgrowth.
If your gut health is out of balance and your colon is filled with toxins that should’ve been eliminated long ago, you will experience an array of health issues:
- You may feel bloated after eating.
- You may feel tired.
- You may feel moody.
- You may feel anxious.
- You may have chronic health conditions.
- You may have symptoms in other areas of the body that you don’t understand.
- You may have food allergies.
- You may have excess weight.
Taking care of your colon and doing a regular colon cleanse is NON-NEGOTIABLE for your health and well-being.
Benefits Of Colon Cleansing:
- Makes your digestive system more effective
- Helps make nutrient absorption and passing waste easier
- Prevents constipation
- Helps regularity
- Increases energy
- Helps weight loss by releasing excess waste and mucus
- Helps maintain PH balance
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves well-being
Foods To Avoid During Colon Cleansing:
- Processed food
- Refined sugar
- Refined carbs
- Sugary drinks
Best Food Combinations/Tips For Colon Cleansing:
- Pineapple: Pineapple is full of soluble fiber, which means it attracts water in your gut, slowing down absorption, allowing your digestive tract to be able to absorb all the vitamins and minerals from the food. Only waste will go to waste. Pineapple is also filled with a digestive enzyme called bromelain that helps with all kinds of tummy troubles.
- Cucumber And Celery: Cucumber and celery are both full of fiber that aids your digestion. Cucumber is incredibly hydrating, therefore, it helps to hydrate your colon. This helps your body to break down fecal matter and makes the elimination process smoother. Celery can help with restoring acid in your system, further boosting digestion.
- Spinach And Kale: Spinach and kale add lots of essential minerals to your drink that help reduce inflammation and create an alkaline environment in your body. They also contain lots of fiber.
- Chia And Flax Seeds: Chia and flax seeds turn into a gel-like substance that helps lubricate your digestive system and aids in the elimination process.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are good bacteria that are essential for proper digestion and colon function. Take high-quality probiotic capsules, like Biotic Balance daily and eat probiotic-rich foods, such as kimchi, kefir and kombucha.
- Juice Cleansing: Going on a juice cleanse can give your digestion a small break, your body a chance to cleanse itself and your cells time to renew.
- Colonics And Enemas: Colonics and enemas can be helpful ideas, especially if you are doing a detox and looking to get rid of lots of toxins at the same time. However, they are not recommended for people with certain health conditions (colitis, crohn’s) and are controversial issues (many professionals believe that these are pointless, your gut can do the job) and many people feel uncomfortable doing them.
- Love Yourself: Colon cells only live for 4 days and your entire body regenerates itself within 7 years. This means that you have the power to heal and create a healthier body day by day, year by year. You are a LIVING, breathing and ever-changing human being. Love yourself, love your cells and take care of them every day!
Try This Recipe For Gut Health And Cleansing:
Colon Cleansing Smoothie
- 2 cups of pineapple
- 1 cucumber
- 2 strips of celery
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 handful of kale
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop of Organifi Green Juice Powder
- Probiotics (either open up a probiotic capsule to add the probiotic powder content or just take your capsule with your smoothie)
Instructions: Blend all ingredients together. Enjoy immediately.
Following these steps, you are on your way to a healthy gut that helps to create a healthy body and healthy mind.
What will you do for your gut health today? Share your steps in the comments below. We are here to support your health journey.
And remember, we're in this together.
Get 10 strains of powerful probiotics all at once with Biotic Balance Probiotics. These high-quality probiotics help to balance your gut, fight fatigue and improve your immune system. With just one capsule a day, you can improve your health and vitality. Biotic Balance contains 50 billion colony forming units to keep your gut flourishing with the “good” bacteria and support a healthy body from within.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.