“I love how summer just wraps it’s arms around you like a warm blanket.” - Kellie Elmore
Sunshine, campfires, swimming in open water, nature walks, birds chirping, ducks swimming in the river, vacations, fresh fruit, flip-flops, longer days, festivals, ice cream, bike rides, picnics, farmer’s markets, gardening, barbecues, fireworks, hugging trees, summer rain, rainbows, butterflies, green grass, fresh vegetables…
What is your favorite part about summer?
One of my favorite things about summer is berries.
Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries… oh my goodness, delicious fresh berries.
Berries are one of the best foods that nature can bring you. Though they are sweet fruits, they have a lower glycemic index and are even recommended by most low fruit or low sugar diets for their endless benefits.
- Berries are low in calories, but incredibly high in nutrients.
- Berries are the queens of antioxidants, which can fight free radical damage and keep serious diseases, like cancer, away.
- Berries are high in fiber, helping your digestion move along smoothly.
- Berries lower your blood pressure, keep your cholesterol levels in check and prevent heart disease. Berries can also do wonders for your brain and improve your memory.
- Berries can reduce muscle damage and help with recovery from exercise.
- Berries are perfect for summer, because they are so hydrating and - being in season - are fresh from the field, bringing the most amount of nutrients to your body.
Berries are delicious to eat by the handful. They are also excellent ingredients for fruit salads, green salads, green smoothies and baked goods.
This Summer Super Berry Smoothie is my favorite go-to recipe during the summer. I bet it will become one of your best summer friends too.
The coconut water provides hydrating electrolytes necessary in the summer heat or after a workout or hike. Spinach brings your body lots of essential minerals and fiber, while the banana provides potassium and even more fiber. Just 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seed protein can bring you anti-inflammatory benefits, healthy fats and protein.
The last bit of magic in this smoothie is our Organifi Green Juice Powder. It’s made from the highest quality of organic super greens and superfoods. Your body will thank you for the flow of remedying vitamins and minerals.
Summer Super Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup of coconut water
- 1 scoop of Organifi Green Juice Powder
- 2 tbsp pumpin seed protein (or chia or flax seeds)
Instructions: Add everything to your blender. Add a few ice cubes if you wish. Blend well.
Are you super hungry or have you just finished a hard workout? Are you looking for something even more filling? Just add a scoop of Organifi Complete Protein Powder to your recipe for extra plant-based protein and even more vitamins. Get some today along with your Organifi Green Juice Powder.
What is your favorite summer smoothie or summer juice? What green smoothie or juice recipes have you used our Organifi Green Juice Powder or Complete Protein Powder in? Share in the comments below. We would love to see your recipes and read about your favorites.
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!