Enjoy This Fall And Winter Season With Mindful Adaptogenic Pumpkin Banana Bread
You want something delicious, sweet, spicy, cake-like, seasonal, traditional, simple, healthy that combines 4,000 years of Ayurvedic wisdom with the autumn taste you know and love? You have to try this Pumpkin Banana Bread.
This delicious pumpkin banana bread is perfect for the fall and winter season. It is fantastic as a dessert, breakfast or snack.
It is gluten-free, dairy-free, low in sugar, high in protein and if you replace the eggs with flax eggs, it can even be vegan.
What Makes This Pumpkin Banana Bread Mindful?
Thanks to the coconut sugar, this bread is sweet without raising your blood sugar. The coconut oil, honey and cinnamon add inflammation-busting properties to this recipe. With added pumpkin puree, it’s loaded with fiber and key vitamins and minerals. The bananas add essential potassium that can enhance your muscle strength, metabolism water balance, electrolytic functions and nervous system. The pumpkin seeds provide healthy omega-3s and the almond flour adds vitamin E, iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, calcium and other minerals to the recipe.
Along with all these nutrients, since pumpkin is the highlight flavor, here are some specific health benefits of pumpkin that make this recipe an even more desirable, go-to fall choice.
Health Benefits Of Pumpkin
- Helps With Weight Management - pumpkin is rich in fiber, which helps slow digestion and makes it very filling, helping balance appetite.
- Supports Immunity - pumpkin contains a host of nutrients that are essential to the health and strength of your immune system, such as vitamins A, C and E, iron and folate.
- Helps Protect Skin - pumpkin also contains nutrients that can help do wonders for your skin and protecting it from the sun, such as carotenoids, vitamin C (which helps the body create collagen), lutein, zeaxanthin and more.
- Sharpens Vision - the similar vitamins and nutrients in pumpkin that can help your skin can also help keep your vision sharp and healthy, particularly vitamin A.
- Enhances Heart Health - the potassium, vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants in pumpkin can help enhance heart health and protect it from developing disease.
Organifi Complete Protein, our plant-based protein powder is made with high-quality organic plant ingredients – such as quinoa, pea and pumpkin seed protein – to fill your body with protein, digestive enzymes and vitamins. It can satisfy your hunger while indulging your taste buds, help your transformation goals, support your immune system and improve your digestive health. Only two scoops will add 20 grams of protein and lots of vitamins and minerals to your bread.
Organifi Gold is what makes this recipe truly golden (pun intended). It is made with high-quality, organic, inflammation-reducing and immune-boosting superfoods, including turmeric, ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, Reishi, turkey tail, lemon balm, coconut milk, acacia fiber, monk fruit and vanilla. Organifi Gold supports rest, relaxation and your immune system. When mixed with hot water, Gold creates the most delicious and warming fall or winter drink. Adding it to this pumpkin banana bread, you will see that it is a fantastic addition to baked goods too.
Adding all this goodness filled with protein, immune-boosting ingredients, vitamins and minerals to this recipe and the incredible health benefits of pumpkin, you don’t even have to find an excuse to try this Adaptogenic Pumpkin Banana Bread. What are you waiting for? Get baking!
Mindful Adaptogenic Pumpkin Banana Bread
Makes: 1 Loaf
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup oat flour or ground gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seed protein
- 2 scoops Organifi Gold
- 2 scoops Organifi Complete Vanilla Protein
Instructions: Mix wet ingredients. Mix dry ingredients. Then combine both mixes. Pour into a greased bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 min. Enjoy.
You can enjoy this recipe for breakfast topped with honey and sliced bananas, after a workout with a glass of Organifi Complete Protein Shake, as an after-lunch small slice, as an afternoon snack with a warm cup of Organifi Gold, as dessert topped with a bit of almond butter and cacao nibs, or whenever and however you’d like. The possibilities are endless.
Remember, we're in this together.