Written by: Kat Gal
Sweet potato toast is the newest and most delicious health trend out there. This is one of those times when following the crowd is actually cool and is good for your health too.
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin C, B6, potassium and iron. They are excellent for your immune system and have anti-aging benefits. Despite their sweetness, sweet potatoes don’t cause sugar spikes, so you can enjoy their health benefits safely.
Sweet potato toasts can be enjoyed at any time of the day: for breakfast, lunch and dinner, or even as a snack or appetizer. You can top them with a large variety of creative toppings from avocados to almond butter, from hummus to olives spreads, from vegan egg salad to tuna salads and so on.
To combine the sweet potato toast craze with another foody trend, avocado toast, try this Sweet Potato Toast With Avocadoes.
Sweet Potato Toast With Avocadoes And Organifi
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- ½ tsp paprika
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large avocado, pitted
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch thick pieces
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp Organifi Green Juice
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice your sweet potatoes.
3. Add the sliced sweet potatoes, paprika, olive oil and sea salt to a bowl and toss until the sweet potatoes are well coated.
4. Spread the sweet potato slices out into a single layer on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
5. Tip: You can also just pop your sweet potatoes into a quality toaster for 2-3 rounds on high.
6. Mash the avocado flesh and mix it with the lime juice, sea salt, cilantro and Organifi.
7. Top each slice of sweet potato with smashed avocado, one tomato slice and a sprinkling of Alfalfa sprouts.
8. Serve and enjoy!
You may ask why are we adding Organifi to our avocadoes. Organifi Green Juice is abundant in vitamins and minerals and is made with high quality, organic superfoods and supergreens. By adding it to your avocado spread, you are sneaking in some healthy super powers and making your spread even more delicious.
If you haven’t tried Organifi yet, make sure to pick some up at our store.
Have you tried sweet potato toast yet? What do you think? What is your favorite topping? Share in the comments below, we would love to hear from you.
About The Author
Kat Gal is the creator of Long Distance Relationship Help (http://longdistancerelationshiphelp.com/), a site which offers tips, tools, inspiration and resources to create a successful and happy relationships, no matter where in the world you may be. She knows from personal experience that love is possible despite the miles, you just have to navigate your way around it. She is passionate about the world and finds her creativity outlet as a writer and educator. You can follow her on her website and her Facebook page.