Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Homemade protein bars are the essential make-ahead snacks so you have a healthy AND tasty source of energy to fuel even your busiest days.
These special bars harness the superpowers of quinoa! From its protein to antioxidant content, this superfood has a lot to offer.
What Is Quinoa?
Quinoa is a grain crop that originated in Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Chile and Ecuador over 3,000 years ago!
As a member of the flowering plant family, Amaranthaceae, quinoa is closely related to beetroot, spinach and amaranth and is harvested for its edible seeds.
Quinoa seeds are processed to remove their outer layer, which have a bitter taste and then are cooked in the same way as rice.
Why We Use Organic Quinoa In Organifi Complete Protein Powder
How To Make Quinoa Protein Bars
- 1 scoop Organifi Complete Protein Powder
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup almond butter
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp raw honey
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2. On a large baking sheet, spread out the rolled oats and quinoa and toast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in a bowl.
4. In a saucepan over low heat, add the almond butter, salt, vanilla, coconut oil and honey.
- Stir and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Remove from the head and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
6. Line a loaf pan (8x4) with parchment paper and pour the mixture into it.
- Spread it out evenly and press it down into the pan.
- Place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove the bars from the pan and cut!
Storage: Store these bars in a container with a lid in the refrigerator or freezer.
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
About The Author
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.