Pumpkin Spice: The Fall Flavor That Has It All
Any other fall lovers out there? Sweaters, pies, colored leaves, apple cider, Halloween, scarves, it’s all just around the corner!
One of the great things about fall season is the autumn flavors, with the most popular being pumpkin spice. While this delicious mixture is generally paired with sugary sweets and creamy lattes, Organifi Gold Pumpkin Spice is a mindful alternative to beverages prone to spiking insulin without sugar or dairy. Discover all the immunity-boosting, relaxation-enhancing benefits with a little added magic (nostalgic spices of pumpkin spice).
The Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Spice
First of all, what is pumpkin spice exactly? Pumpkin spice is a seasoning with varying blends, but the main contents are generally pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves. The best part is that each one has something to offer in addition to a delicious flavor. Let’s take a look at each one.
Health Benefits Of Pumpkin
There’s more to this orange gourd than jack-o-lanterns! Pumpkin has actually been used medicinally for years due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and comes with many other benefits because of its high nutrient quality.
- Helps With Weight Management - pumpkin is rich in fiber, which helps slow digestion and makes it very filling, helping balance appetite.
- Supports Immunity - pumpkin contains a host of nutrients that are essential to the health and strength of your immune system, such as vitamins A, C and E, iron and folate.
- Helps Protect Skin - pumpkin also contains nutrients that can help do wonders for your skin and protecting it from the sun, such as carotenoids, vitamin C (which helps the body create collagen), lutein, zeaxanthin and more.
- Sharpens Vision - the similar vitamins and nutrients in pumpkin that can help your skin can also help keep your vision sharp and healthy, particularly vitamin A.
- Enhances Heart Health - the potassium, vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants in pumpkin can help enhance heart health and protect it from developing disease.
Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
There is a reason cinnamon is a popular spice during the fall! This spice is a great antioxidant and it can also help to ease any muscle pain and stiffness throughout the body. Cinnamon is also known to help control blood sugar.
- High Source Of Antioxidants - cinnamon contains powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols and outranks most other spices in antioxidant quantity.
Health Benefits Of Nutmeg
As one of my favorite spices, I’m always looking for an excuse to use nutmeg. Nutmeg is a great source of vitamin B, fiber and other minerals. It is great at fighting bacteria, especially in the oral region. It may even help prevent cavities!
- Supports Brain Health - it has also been shown that nutmeg may have a positive influence on the brain and helping it stay strong and prevent developing disease.
- Aids With Oral Health - nutmeg may be able to help improve oral health and also prevent bad breath and cavities.
Health Benefits Of Allspice
Many people are unfamiliar with the fact that allspice is actually a berry. That’s right! It is first dried and then ground into a fine powder before being added to the pumpkin spice mixture. This amazing little berry is beneficial to your digestive system and can help boost your immune system as well.
- Soothes Digestion - allspice has shown to help soothe digestion and help boost its strength, efficiency, and health.
- Boosts Immune System - allspice may be able to prevent damage being done to your immune system and help strengthen it.
- Improves Blood Circulation - due to the levels of iron and copper in allspice, it can help positively boost blood circulation throughout the body.
Health Benefits Of Ginger
This spice is a powerhouse of minerals, including iron, potassium, and zinc. Like allspice, it can help out with digestion, such as helping prevent nausea and stomach ache. It is also helpful for your circulatory system and blood flow and can be a great energy booster!
- Eases Nausea - studies have shown that ginger can be highly effective against nausea, including mothers who experience morning sickness.
- Supports Blood Sugar Levels - studies have shown how ginger can lower blood sugar and help those with diabetes and heart trouble.
- Helps With Indigestion - ginger has shown to help speed up digestion and relieve symptoms of indigestion.
- Boosts Brain Health - ginger has shown that it may be able to help enhance working memory and also prevent degenerative diseases.
- Fights Infection - ginger has shown to combat harmful bacteria and help prevent infections.
Health Benefits Of Cloves
Where nutmeg can help prevent cavities, cloves can also contribute in this department by soothing toothache due to their eugenol content. Eugenol is a natural anesthetic that, along with reducing pain, can help kill bacteria and reduce swelling. Cloves are also great at keeping your mind alert and your energy up.
- Combats Bacteria - cloves have shown to have high antibacterial effects on the body.
- May Improve Liver Health - studies have shown that elements in cloves can help improve liver function and also reduce inflammation and relieve oxidative stress.
- Supports Blood Sugar Levels - studies have also shown that cloves can help regulate and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Can Promote Bone Health - also due to the eugenol content in cloves, they have shown to help increase bone density and strength.
- Good Source Of Antioxidants - cloves are also a good source of antioxidants and can help relieve oxidative stress and the damage of chronic disease in the body.
Get Creative With Pumpkin Spice This Fall
So there you have it, my friends! If you weren’t adding pumpkin spice to everything before, you sure will now! It's actually insanely healthy and has lots to offer, especially considering the health benefits of pumpkin and all the other benefits pumpkin spice ingredients provide. And you can really get creative with it too because it can be delicious in shakes, tea, oatmeal, baked goods, you name it!
Limited Edition Organifi Gold Pumpkin Spice contains all these ingredients that make up the health benefits of pumpkin spice, which means it is highly nutritious and deliciously perfect for the fall season.