Written by: Kat Gal
Did you know that pumpkins are actually fruits, not vegetables?
Regardless of their classification in biology, they are yummy and healthy. Pumpkins are known as a typical fall food that we enjoy around Halloween and Thanksgiving. But knowing its benefits, there is no reason not to have it year-round.
This Pumpkin Smoothie is a super healthy treat you should enjoy all months of the year.
This pumpkin smoothie is not only the most delicious, but also the absolute best smoothie you can have to fight infections, promote healthy digestion, protect your heart, enjoy mental clarity and keep your blood sugar in check.
Benefits Of This Pumpkin Smoothie:
- Pumpkins: Pumpkins are high in fiber, potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, riboflavin, vitamins A, B6, C and E. They are great for your heart, high blood pressure and healthy digestion.
- Honey: Honey is filled with an abundance of antioxidants and flavonoids. It can fight viruses, bacteria and fungi, help combat cold, flu and allergies, is great for diabetes and weight loss and can promote sleep. For vegans, maple syrup is an excellent alternative option, which is also high in antioxidants and disease-fighting properties.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is abundant in antioxidants and inflammation-reducing properties. It fights viruses, bacteria, fungi, infections and allergies. It also prevents diabetes, heart disease and cognitive decline.
- Bananas: Bananas are high in fiber, potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin and B6. They are fantastic for your digestion, heart health, muscle recovery and high blood pressure.
- Green apples: Green apples are a great source of fiber, antioxidants and flavonoids. They are wonderful for good digestion, brain health, helping with anemia, reducing weakness and boosting dental health. They are lower in GI than other apples.
- Collagen hydrolysate: Collagen hydrolysate helps amino acids like proline, lysine and glycine to build connective tissue to regulate cell growth in your body. It is great for your hair, muscles, cartilage, ligaments, skin tissue and blood cell growth.
- Spinach: Spinach offers the abundance of protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese. It is an excellent choice for promoting digestion, heart health, healthy blood pressure and mental clarity.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- ½ cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana
- ¼ green apple
- 2 tbsp collagen hydrolysate
- Heaping handful of spinach
- Toss all ingredients into a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy that pumpkin pie flavor without the guilt and all the YUM!
As a bonus, you can add a scoop of Organifi Gold to your recipe. It helps detoxification, promotes a healthy response to inflammation and calms and relaxes your body through the spicy blend of superfoods, such as turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
Make this Pumpkin Smoothie today and let us know how much you loved it. And remember, we're in this together.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.