Written by: Drew Canole
Vegan Chocolate Chunk Protein Brownies
Makes 9 large brownies
These brownies are protein packed, gluten free and totally vegan! No eggs, no dairy, no added oil, no refined sugar, no grains - just a nice amount of chocolate and nut butter! They’re so fudgy and delicious you won’t miss your regular brownie recipe! I love them straight out of the fridge the best, they’re just so super good cold!
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8-inch square pan with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving some overhang over each side.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the almond butter, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, melt ½ cup of the chocolate chunks.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into the almond butter mixture and whisk vigorously to incorporate.
5. Add the protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine until completely smooth.
6. The batter should be thick, slightly fluffy and free of any dry lumps of powders or nut butter.
7. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly with a spatula.
8. Sprinkle over the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chunks and gently press them into place.
9. Bake for 25 minutes until the top feels almost firm and the edges are a little bit cracked.
10. These will slice neatly with adequate chilling time. Let cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before serving. Best enjoyed cold, straight out of the fridge and will keep well in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
Of course you can get your protein on a plant-based diet - that’s what seeds, nuts, beans, legumes, grains and greens are there for!
Getting older is about painful joints, inflamed muscles, lack of energy and an increasing amount of disease, right?!