By: Lindsay Sibson
A wise soul once said…
“Breathe properly. Stay curious. And eat your beets.”
I’m not exactly sure who said it (or if it was ever truly said until now), BUT it seems like pretty sound advice, so let’s TAKE IT!
What Are Beets?
Beet (beetroot) is the taproot portion of the beet plant and is in the same plant family as Swiss chard.
Raw beets have a crunchy texture that turns buttery and soft when cooked. The leaves can also be used in various cuisines and have a bitter taste similar to chard.
Both parts of the beetroot are incredibly nutritious and have a high concentration of vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
Health Benefits Of Beets
- Contain a high dose of immune-boosting vitamin C
- Rich in essential minerals, such as potassium
- Essential for healthy nerve and muscle function
- Provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxification support
- Source of phytonutrients, such as betanin
- Source of manganese
- Good for your bones, liver, kidneys and pancreas
- Fiber content helps keep your digestive tract healthy
- A power ingredient in Organifi Green Juice Powder
How To Eat Beets
#1. Roast ‘Em
- 1 pound of beets, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
Instructions: Toss ingredients together and roast at 400 F for 30-45 minutes.
#2. Toss Them In Salad
- 1 bunch of shredded kale, stems removed
- 2 raw beets, peeled and shredded
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- The juice of a whole lime or half of a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Toss salad ingredients together. Whisk together dressing and pour over top. Blend all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate overnight.
#3. Juice ‘Em
- 1 beet
- 1 green apple
- 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 inch ginger root
Instructions: Process all ingredients through juicer and enjoy.
#4. Make Beet Chips
- 3 large beets, scrubbed and rinsed and sliced into chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Toss ingredients together and bake at 375 F for 20 minutes.
One vegetable… many ways! Ya can’t BEET that!
What is your favorite way to eat beets? TELL US in the comment section below!
Increase Fat Loss & STOP Aging Skin With A Delicious Mix Of 11 Revitalizing Ingredients: Finally All Together In One Delicious Red Glass! It’s never been done! We picked the best organic superfoods for a RAPID metabolism. Then we sourced all the antioxidants for stronger, firmer skin. (Everything’s Organic!) Finally, we squeezed them all into one delicious red superfood punch! Try Organifi Red Juice today!