Why It's Smarter To Use Dairy-Free Protein Powder
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Whether you are an intensive gym goer OR an active mommy on-the-go, protein smoothies can offer a healthy dose of nutrition and energy to fuel your day.
However, the TYPE of protein powder you use could either be helping or hindering your wellness.
If you have ever experienced any discomfort (especially with your digestion) after drinking a smoothie or protein shake, then it may be SMARTER and healthier to switch to a plant-based dairy-free protein powder.
Here is why…
Problems Of Consuming TOO Much Dairy
- Most people generally have issues with dairy because of it’s sugar and protein content
- Causes bloating, gas and abdominal discomfort
- Casein, the protein found in dairy, has been linked to aggression, anger, addiction and DEPRESSION
- It takes a long time to digest
- Creates a lot of stress and work for you body
- Dairy farmers inject cows with a genetically engineered bovine growth hormone (rBGH) to increase milk production
- This often leads to the cow’s udder becoming infected, which is then treated with antibiotics
- Both the hormones and antibiotics can make their way into YOUR dairy products!
- Your body likes to maintain a neutral pH
- Too much dairy causes your body to become more acidic
- Forces your body to gather its alkaline reserve in the form of magnesium, potassium and calcium (all stored in your bones!)
- Weakens your bones
Why It’s Smarter To Use A Dairy-Free Protein Powder
Better For Your Gut
- Easier to digest
- Doesn’t cause bloating, cramping, or gas
- Allows the nutrients to absorb faster
- Doesn’t contain any hormones or antibiotics
- Sourced from natural ingredients
- Won’t cause inflammation in your body
Dairy-Free Protein Smoothie: Chocolate Green Smoothie
1 Scoop Organifi Complete Protein Powder, chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ice (optional)
Instructions: Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Add ice as desired to reach the consistency and texture you like!
This dairy-free smoothie is easy for your body to digest and will give you a mega dose of protein, vitamins, minerals and… ENERGY! Enjoy!
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
About The Author
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
THE 1ST STEP
TOWARD BETTER HEALTH:
EASIER THAN YOU THINK!
Enjoy the full benefits of an organic juicing lifestyle without all the shopping, chopping, and clean-up. Our premium superfood blends deliver powerful nutrition with perfect flavor - every time.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Calling all pumpkin spice lovers! Check out this Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream Waffle Stack! This treat can be enjoyed in the morning as a special breakfast or even at night as a dessert!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or bland like many people may think. Just make these Triple Chocolate Pumpkin truffles for a delicious, gluten free, vegan, and simple snack!
Experience the incredible benefits of turmeric and black pepper. Promote healthy digestion, boost your immune system and get a get rid of inflammation with our simple tips on how to incorporate these superfoods into your diet.