Sometimes life gives you lemons, but don’t worry, lemons are extremely healthy and remedying for your body. You really should thank mother nature for them and start consuming more lemons.
The Top Health Benefits of Lemons
#1 Lemons Are Alkaline
While you may think of lemons as acidic food, they actually have an alkalizing effect on your body. Why is that good? Because your body needs an alkaline environment to stay healthy. Disease may not be able to exist in an acidic environment. So lemon up and drink that lemon water in the morning.
#2 Lemons May Support Your Heart
Lemons are abundant in vitamin C. You may know that vitamin C is essential for your immune system. What you may not know is that according to research, vitamin C may support your heart as well.
#3 Lemons May Be Good for Your Cholesterol
Wow, lemons are good for so many things. Lemons contain certain plant compounds called diosmin and hesperidin. Research has found that these compound may support healthy cholesterol levels. According to a study, only 24 grams of citrus fiber extract may make a difference.
#4 Citrus May Aid Weight Loss
Now I’ve caught your attention. Lemons are high in nutrients yet low in calories. They are full of fiber that may help your digestion. Thanks to all the pectin content, they may help you feel full longer. Will they make you lose weight by themselves? No, but they may support a healthy nutrition plan and be part of your weight loss strategy.
#5 Lemons May Help with Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are small lumps. They occur when waste products crystallize and build up inside the kidneys. They are painful and many people get them regularly. The good news is that the citric acid in lemons may help to increase urine volume and urine pH and may help to reduce the formation of kidney stones.
#6 Lemons May Help with Your Iron Levels
Anemia or iron deficiency is a common issue many experiences. Thanks to vitamin C and citric acid, lemons may actually help you to absorb iron better.
#7 Lemons May Support You with Antioxidants
Lemons are highly nutritious. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. As a result, they may help to reduce oxidative stress and fight disease.
#8 Lemons May Help When You’re Sick
Lemons are rich in vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals, hence they may support your immune system. By making your immune system stronger, they may help to prevent or reduce the length of seasonal colds and flus. No wonder that even your doctor recommends vitamin C when you are under the weather.
#9 Lemons May Aid Digestion
Lemons are rich in soluble fiber. The main fiber is called pectin which may help to slow digestion and improve gut health. However, to receive these gut health benefits, make sure to keep the pulp in your lemon juice or lemon water.
#10 Lemons Promote Hydration
By adding lemon to your water, you may make it more flavorful. This may help you to meet your water intake during the day and hydrate your body well.
#11 Lemons May Freshen Your Breath
It is an old folk remedy, however, it may work. It’s not surprising since lemons seem to have antibacterial benefits. Lemon may help to take strong smells away. To avoid bad breath, you may want to try drinking some lemon water n the morning and after your meals.
How to Add More Lemon to Your Day
- Start your day with a large glass of warm lemon water. It is great for digestion and energy.
- Add lemon to your water and teas. It helps to keep your body alkaline.
- Drizzle lemon on your salads and dishes. Add it to your salad dressing. A little lemon can make your meals even more delicious.
- Add lemon to your green juices and green smoothies. It will also help with the ‘green taste.’
- Drink Organifi Green Juice. Along with many other superfood ingredients, such as matcha tea, aswanthanga, coconut water, etc., Organifi Green Juice Powder contains lemon. It is made with the highest quality of ingredients and is designed to give maximum benefits to your body. Just mix it with a glass of water or add it to your green juices or smoothies.
- Try our Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie with lemon-filled Organifi Pure. Pure contains lemon powder because we know that lemon is rich in vitamins and minerals for a healthy response to inflammation, immunity, and appetite. It is also abundant in other superfoods, such as ginger, aloe vera, Baobab fruit, prebiotics, and digestive enzyme for digestion, Lion's mane mushroom and Coffeeberry for brain health, coconut water for performance, apple cider vinegar for blood sugar, and monk fruit for calorie-free natural sweetness.
Pure Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries
- fresh lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 1 cup almond milk (or your favorite nut milk!) or for a lighter lemonade, use 1 cup of coconut water
- 1 packet of Organifi Pure
- optional for extra sweetness:1 pitted medjool date.
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until completely smooth. Divide between two glasses and serve cold.
What are your favorite ways to get lemons into your diet? Share in the comments below, we would love to hear from you.
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
I love lemon with 4lemons, 2 garlic cloves, 1 table spoon of ginger simmer 4 cups water, blend 1 cup water with ingredints, turn off 4 cups of water add ingredints let set 1 hr. Strain store in refrgerator.. drink in morning warm .
I drink lemon with green tea,add abit honey every day,it gives me alots of energy before i go to the gym and also i seen my skin more clear.