Have you ever heard of baobab? If not, you must learn about its powerful benefits.
In this article, you will learn what baobab is, why you should use it, what its benefits are, how to use it and why we added it to Organifi Pure.
What Is Baobab?
Baobab is pronounced “BEY-oh-bab.” It is a tree that grows in parts of Africa, Australia and the Middle East.
Baobab grows edible fruit. Its seed powder is also edible and used in foods, such as smoothies and salads. Besides food and medicine, baobab is traditionally used for clothing and household items as well.
The baobab fruit is citrus flavored and is a powerful source of vitamin C, potassium, phosphorus, and healthy carbohydrates. It is a potent antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-microbial and inflammation-fighting natural medicinal food.
Why Should I Use Baobab Powder?
Baobab is a good nutritional source of a plethora of vitamins and minerals, including:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
Along with these nutrients, it also has powerful medicinal properties that can greatly improve your health.
Benefits Of Baobab
- Digestion: Research has shown that baobab reduces starch digestion. It is excellent for constipation, diarrhea and other digestive issues. It also has prebiotic benefits.
- Protein: According to science, baobab is a good source of protein with a good amino acid composition.
- Immune system: Thanks to all the vitamin C - just 10 grams in every 2-3 tablespoons - baobab is excellent for your immune system.
- Blood sugar: All the fiber in baobab prevents blood sugar spikes by slowing down the release of sugars into the bloodstream.
- Weight loss: Research has shown that baobab can lower hunger and increase satiation that may help with weight loss.
- Skin: Baobab is very high in antioxidants that are beneficial for your skin health.
How Should I Use Baobab Powder?
Baobab powder can be used in a number of different ways:
- Green juices
- Mixed with cold or hot water
- Mixed with lemon water
- Mixed with coconut water
- Sprinkled on oatmeal, cereal, waffles, or pancakes
- Added to fruit salads
- Sprinkled on popcorn
- Blended into salad dressing
- Baked into bread, muffins and other baked goods
- Added to raw desserts
- Mixed into yogurt or ice cream
- Blended into soups and sauces
One of the smartest ways to use baobab powder is by drinking it in a juice powder, such as Organifi Pure.
Along with baobab powder, it contains countless powerful superfoods, including Lion Mane Mushroom, aloe vera, coffeeberry NeuroFactor, ginger, apple cider vinegar, coconut water, and supportive enzymes.
Organifi Pure tastes light and mildly sweet with a refreshing subtle tanginess.
Just mix it with a glass of water and you are ready to go. You may also add Pure to your juices, smoothies and other recipes.
Recipes Using Baobab Powder
- 1 scoop of Organifi Pure
- 1 Meyer lemon or lemon
- 2 cups of water
- Juice your lemon.
- Mix the lemon juice with the remaining ingredients.
Aloe Vera Kiwi Popsicles
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1 tbsp of baobab powder or Organifi Pure
- Blend your ingredients well.
- Pour them into popsicle molds.
- Freeze until solid.
- Tips: You can use berries, dragonfruit, or pineapple instead of the kiwi as well.
Baobab Green Juice
- 1 cucumber
- Handful of spinach
- 1 green apple
- 1 lemon
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 scoop of Organifi Pure
- Run all ingredients through your juicer, except for Pure.
- Once juiced, mix in Organifi Pure with a spoon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What does baobab taste like?
A. It is a bit sweet, yet sour with a citrus flavor.
Q. Is baobab powder good for you?
A. Baobab is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It is great for your digestion, blood sugar and skin.
Q. How do you use baobab?
A. You can add it to juices, smoothies, dressings, yogurt, granola, salads, baked goods and raw goodies.
Q. Can you eat baobab fruit?
A. Yes, you can, however, fresh baobab fruit is hard to find in the U.S.
Q. What animals eat baobab?
A. Baboons and warthogs are just some animals that eat baobab.
Q. Why is baobab tree important?
A. The baobab tree is particularly important in certain parts of Africa. It is used for food, clothing and household items.
Q. Can I grow baobab?
A. In the U.S., baobab can only be grown as an indoor bonsai.
Baobab powder is a fantastic superfood that is great for your digestion, blood sugar and skin. Knowing its benefits, we have added a healthy dose of baobab to our new Organifi Pure juice powder. Organifi Pure is tasty like a lemonade and can aid hydration, support your digestion and help your focus and memory.
Try it this season. Your body will thank you!
Order your Organifi Pure today. Snap a photo, share your experiences and tag us on social media. We would love to hear your Pure success stories.
And remember, we're in this together.