Written by: Drew Canole
Green smoothies and chia puddings are excellent healthy breakfast options. But what if you are craving a muffin today?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
These Strawberry And Lemon Poppyseed Protein Muffins are perfect for breakfast or after a workout, fueling your body with lots of much needed protein to help your muscle recovery and boost your quest to burn fat and gain muscle.
These muffins are gluten-free and free from refined sugar. They are dairy-free if you use coconut yoghurt. You can even veganized them if you use chia or flax eggs instead of the eggs.
The strawberries fill these muffins with lots of antioxidants, keeping your body healthy and strong against diseases. It is the perfect time to use strawberries, since they are still in season. If you prefer to use raspberries, blackberries or blueberries, go for it. They are just as high in antioxidants as strawberries.
The coconut oil adds healthy anti-inflammatory fats to this recipe, while the poppy seeds, chia seeds, almond flour and eggs fill your body with a healthy dose of protein.
To ensure that you meet all your protein needs and you feel satisfied longer, add some Organifi Complete Protein to the mix as well. I prefer vanilla flavor for this recipe, but feel free to use chocolate if that’s what your body is craving. Organifi is made with organic, high-quality, plant-based proteins, including pumpkin seeds, pea and quinoa. The protein mix is also filled with digestive enzymes and vitamins to help keep your body healthy.
These muffins work in any season and for any occasion. Kids will love them too and you can even serve them to your guests if you have friends and family over.
Gluten-Free Strawberry And Lemon Poppyseed Protein Muffins
Makes 8 large muffins or 12-14 small muffins
*gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Combine the strawberries in a medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes, cook until the strawberries begin to loosen and become jammy. Remove from heat and refrigerate until needed.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil, honey, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, yogurt and vanilla until combined. Add the poppy seeds and eggs and whisk.
4. Add the protein powder, flour, almond flour and baking powder and whisk until combined.
5. Fold in a ½ cup of the cooked strawberries into the batter until just evenly distributed. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling almost all the way to the top. Spoon over a few remaining strawberries with their juices over each muffin batter top and bake for 20 to 23 minutes, until the muffins just barely spring back to the touch.
*These keep nicely, wrapped well at room temperature, for up to 2 days.
Try the protein-filled delicious muffins. Make sure to take some pictures and tag us on social media. We would love to see your photos.
Don’t forget to pick up a bottle of Organifi Complete Protein. Actually, do yourself a favor by getting two: one vanilla and one chocolate flavored. You can use it in shakes, smoothies, baked goods and homemade energy bars.
Have you used Organifi in other recipes? Share your ideas in the comments below. We would love to try them out.
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
About The Author
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Love is in the air this month! The most genuine and enduring love should always be the love we have for ourselves. But what really is self-love and how can practice it daily?