Written by: Drew Canole
Gluten-Free Strawberry And Lemon Poppyseed Protein Muffins
Makes 8 large muffins or 12-14 small muffins
*gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Combine the strawberries in a medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes, cook until the strawberries begin to loosen and become jammy. Remove from heat and refrigerate until needed.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil, honey, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, yogurt and vanilla until combined. Add the poppy seeds and eggs and whisk.
4. Add the protein powder, flour, almond flour and baking powder and whisk until combined.
5. Fold in a ½ cup of the cooked strawberries into the batter until just evenly distributed. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling almost all the way to the top. Spoon over a few remaining strawberries with their juices over each muffin batter top and bake for 20 to 23 minutes, until the muffins just barely spring back to the touch.
*These keep nicely, wrapped well at room temperature, for up to 2 days.
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
About The Author
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Every smoothie you make from here on out will turn to GOLD… and it's as simple as adding a capsule or two of Organifi’s Daily Turmeric!
Key lime pie for breakfast? It’s totally possible. You don’t even have to feel guilty about it for one bit if you choose this Key Lime Pie Smoothie.