Written by: Drew Canole
We can’t celebrate parents enough. We have Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, but why not celebrate ALL parents together on the same day?!
Since 1994, the fourth Sunday of each July has been the day we observe Parent’s Day in the United States. This day delivers an important message regarding the crucial role parents have in their child’s development, but it is also an excuse to show your gratitude towards and pamper your own parents.
There are so many ways to celebrate this day. A handwritten card and some flowers can do the job to show your love and appreciation. You can go a step further by putting together a scrapbook, collage, video or other creative and crafty gift. You may want to take your parents out for a small excursion or dinner as well.
But, as always, it would be a mistake to leave PIE out of your celebration. This is why we urge you to make this No-Bake Almond Butter Pie for your parents (and for you and your partner to if you are parents as well). Grandparents, step-parents, God-parents, foster parents and fur-parents should not be left out either. Every kind of parent should be celebrated (and everyone loves pie, right?).
What Makes This Pie Stand Out
This No-Bake Almond Butter Pie is to die for. It is so easy to make and only takes 10 minutes. It is gluten-free, vegan, free from processed sugars and is perfectly sweet and creamy.
The almond butter, coconut oil, cinnamon and honey bring anti-inflammatory remedying properties to this pie. The bananas not only provide lots of potassium, but - due to their fiber content - also help boost a healthy and smooth digestion.
By adding Organifi Complete Protein to this recipe, you are making sure that your parents’ daily protein needs are meet. Organifi fills this pie with not only protein, but also digestive enzymes and vitamins through high-quality, organic superfood nutrition. As a bonus, it makes the pie extra chocolatey. And who doesn’t like chocolate (in case you don’t, you can use our vanilla flavored powder instead)?!
Now you know the benefits. Let’s stop the chitter-chatter. Get to the kitchen and make this pie!
No-Bake Almond Butter Pie
- 1 cup of almond butter (or any natural nut butter or peanut butter)
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops of Organifi Chocolate Complete Protein (you can use vanilla if you prefer)
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp of raw honey or pure maple syrup
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dry walnuts (or pecans or cashews)
- ½ cup dates
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Instructions:1. First, blend all the pie crust ingredients in a food processor until mixed well.
2. Press it down into a pie form.
3. Note: You can also use a store-bought GF pie crust, any other raw vegan or GF pie crust recipe. The recipe also work without any crust, just use a springform pan instead.
4. Blend all pie ingredients together in a high power blender or food processor until creamy.
5. Pour it into a pie crust or springform pan.
6. Freeze until firm.
7. Keep your pie cold. It is the best to keep it in the freezer and thaw it a bit before eating, but you can also keep it in the fridge, especially if you have a group of people to demolish it all at once.
8. You can top your pie with seeds, nuts and fruits.
This No-Bake Almond Butter Pie is so delicious that it’s the best way to show your love and appreciation to your parents. It is so decadent that they won’t even know you’ve only spent 10 minutes making it. We won’t tell them either. Enjoy the glory!
Make sure to tag us on social media when you make your pie. We would love to see your creations and your parents’ smiling faces. Do you have any creative gift ideas or fun ways to celebrate Parent’s Day? List 3 things that you are the most grateful for when it comes to your parents? Share your answers in the comments below. We would love to learn more about you, your parents and the ways you celebrate Parent's Day together.
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.