Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Have you discovered the power of peas?
From fueling your workouts to being an abundant source of VEGAN protein, pea protein is a MUST have in your pantry to support and enhance your health and wellness.
What Is Pea Protein?
Pea protein is a food that is extracted from the yellow pea, Pisum sativum and is a robust plant-based protein source.
Health Benefits Of Pea Protein
- The amino acids in pea protein are easily absorbed
- Doesn’t cause gas or bloating
- 100% vegan!
- Great animal free protein choice
Low In Carbs
- Each scoop has only 2 grams of carbohydrates
- Also has 2 grams of fiber per scoop, which helps the blood sugar effects of carbs
- Doesn’t have any allergenic ingredients
- Will NOT leave you feeling bloated, gassy, or nauseous
- Completely free of lactose, which is the sugar found in some types of whey protein powder (can cause gas and bloating)
- Great choice if you have a gluten intolerance or sensitivity
- Safe to drink
High In BCAA’s
- Branched chain amino acids (BCAA’s) help keep your body in a muscle building state
- Decreases belly fat
- Keeps you fuller longer between meals
- Energizes your workouts
Rich In Protein
- Has about 25 grams of protein in each scoop!
- Compared to plant-based protein powders, which have 10-15 grams per scoop
How To Include Pea Protein In Your Diet
Reaping the benefits of pea protein is as simple as making a Superfood Protein Shake that nourishes and fuels your body with every sip! We included high quality organic pea protein in our exclusive Organifi Complete Protein powder, making it an easy way to incorporate it into your daily diet!
Complete Protein Shake
- 1 scoop Organifi Complete Protein
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: fresh or frozen berries, chia seeds, raw honey, nut butter
Instructions: Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
About The Author
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.