You know that apple cider vinegar is a popular go-to for boosting health and enjoying some pretty awesome benefits.
But have you found yourself feeling at a loss about how to effectively utilize apple cider vinegar so that you're getting the most out of it and also enjoying it?
That's what we're here for. In this article, we'll go over what the benefits of apple cider vinegar are, when the best time to consume it is, how much you should be consuming, if it has any side effects, whether or not it's effective for weight loss and more.
Also be sure to check out the recipe at the end - it's one of our favorites and can be a delicious and refreshing way to enjoy apple cider vinegar.
The Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has a lot to offer when it comes to benefits. It's very potent stuff and has lots of scientific support to help back it up.
Here are some highlights of the benefits of apple cider vinegar and why it can be such a great addition to your health regimen:
- Energy Boost - Apple cider vinegar contains components that help to increase energy, including potassium and enzymes. The amino acid content also helps to prevent the buildup of lactic acid in the body, which is a known source for tiredness.
- Weight Loss - Apple cider vinegar has shown evidence that is can help boost your metabolism and also suppress appetite, helping with weight loss.
- Detoxification - Apple cider vinegar may play a role in liver detoxification and circulation. The healing properties seem to improve skin health and support the elimination of toxins throughout the body.
- Upset Stomach - Apple cider vinegar has antibiotic properties and pectin, which are soothing to the stomach. Consuming it can help calm digestive upset and help calm the gut.
- Clear Sinuses - A stuffy nose that won’t clear is the worst. Try sipping a cup of water mixed with apple cider vinegar – it will act as an antibacterial in your throat and may help decrease and break-up the mucus.
- Anti-Itch - If you’ve become the unfortunate enemy of a jellyfish or even poison ivy, some apple cider vinegar should do the trick to get rid of the itchiness. You can simply apply apple cider vinegar directly to your skin and let it work its magic.
When To Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
It's highly recommended to drink apple cider vinegar first thing in the morning, maybe with some lemon, to help kick-start your metabolism and prepare your body for the remainder of the day. Due to its potent nature, it is not recommended to drink it at night or before bed. The earlier in the day, the better.
It's best to mix the apple cider vinegar with at least some lukewarm water to dilute it and prevent it from burning your throat and esophagus, but otherwise drinking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is supported and found to be a highly effective way to reap the benefits of apple cider vinegar and also keep your system safe and happy.
Drinking apple cider vinegar in the morning can help give you an energy boost, clear out your system, help balance your blood sugar levels, give your immune system some extra support, wake up your brain and more.
Apple Cider Dosage
It's recommended to drink about 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar every day. If that seems to be too much for starting out, you can start by consuming only a little bit and start increasing the dose to the recommended amount over time as you get used to the apple cider vinegar and its taste.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Have Any Side Effects?
In general, consuming the recommended amount of apple cider vinegar daily is considered safe and doesn't come with many notable side effects. There may be some mild digestive effects as apple cider is very cleansing, but otherwise it's typically okay and easy to absorb.
However, if you consume too much apple cider vinegar, some side effects may manifest. It can effect your digestive processes, impact your potassium levels, damage tooth enamel, trigger bone weakness, cause your throat to burn, etc. A few medications - such as diabetes medication, digoxin (lanoxin) and certain diuretic drugs - can potentially interact with apple cider vinegar as well.
To stay safe, be sure you are sticking with the limited, recommended amount of apple cider vinegar and pay attention to your body and your symptoms. If you ever have any concerns, be sure to consult your doctor.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Make You Lose Weight?
Apple cider vinegar doesn't necessarily have a direct effect on weight loss. However, it can be a great supportive addition to your diet regimen and help boost and set your body and system up for success in your health and weight loss journey.
Including it can help get your body's alkalinity, in a good place, decrease your triglyceride levels and even burn belly fat.
How To Enjoy Apple Cider Vinegar
As promised, we have a recipe that can help make apple cider vinegar super easy to enjoy. It's very known for its strong, potent taste and can be difficult for people to get down. This recipe is quick, tasty, can help wake you up and helps you get all the benefits of apple cider vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss Recipe
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Hot water
- 1/2 lemon
- Honey to taste (optional)
Instructions: Mix all ingredients together with a spoon and enjoy immediately.
If you would rather enjoy the benefits of apple cider vinegar without tasting it at all, you can also check out our very new product, Organifi PURE, which includes apple cider vinegar as one of its star ingredients. Organifi PURE is a easy powder that you can simply mix with water and enjoy like a refreshing lemonade. To learn more, check it out here.
Apple cider vinegar truly is a remarkable addition to diets and health regimens for its health-boosting properties. We hope you can find a way to enjoy it and reap its benefits as well!
Do you drink apple cider vinegar in the morning? What are your thoughts and experiences? Share with us in the comments, we'd love to hear from you!
And remember, we're in this together.