It’s summer vacation, the heat is on, the kids are out of school, and you’re frankly a little tired of everything. “Where’s my vacation?”
Am I right?
Summer can be as fun as it is hot, humid, and stressful...and it is so easy to fall off the healthy-eating wagon. There are so many delicious treats just SCREAMING YOUR NAME.
It’s like everywhere you go there’s a cocktail, a doughnut, three-layer strawberry-lime ice cream cake. You feel tempted, you reach out, but you stop short because you know deep down: you’ll regret it.
You want ice cream, but you also want a summer body.
Here’s the thing: why not both?
Why not choose a have a guilt-free treat for a change? Let go of that potential regret, leave room for another “cheat meal,” get some greens into the kids, and enjoy the process. It’s true: you can have your (ice cream) cake and eat it too, because:
We created a refreshing green smoothie popsicle that tastes like peppermint candy and sneaks in two portions of greens.
Let me tell you kids loved these and I looked extra master-cheffy serving them at brunch. So, if you’re excited, let’s get smoothie popsicle making!
Why Smoothie Popsicles?
I know some of you are desperate for the recipe (we’ll get to it in about thirty seconds!) but some of you are going like “ew green smoothie? Vegetable smoothie popsicle?” And that’s what I’d like to address:
This smoothie popsicle recipe is sweet and hides the greens very well. It is a 100% guilt-free way to cool off this summer and have a tasty treat without breaking your promises (to yourself) or negatively affect your weight or diet.
Why eat “an apple a day to keep the doctor away” when you can have an Organifi Green Smoothie Popsicle instead? What’s even better, because they’re sweet, minty, and look very cool (pun intended) they are a sure hit at family gatherings - and with your own skeptic taste buds.
It's cold, refreshing, creamy and satisfying! Plus the ingredients will infuse your body with immune boosting vitamins and minerals without sacrificing any of the fun ice cream taste you love.
Lastly, if you have a green juice a day or a green smoothie every once in a while, this smoothie popsicle is also a fantastic way to spice things up and keep you from getting bored.
The Organifi Green Smoothie Popsicles
What you’ll need:
- 1 scoop Organifi Green Juice Powder
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lime
- Liquid stevia to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and put in the freezer until solid.
To further enhance the health benefits of these popsicles, you can consider adding:
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Fresh grated ginger or turmeric
- Matcha green tea powder
- Other leafy greens and herbs (kale, parsley, etc.)
- Pineapple chunks
- Uncut mint leaves for decoration
That’s it! They’re so easy to make and so palatable, if you want to get really creative, you can fill half of the popsicle with coconut lemonade and a half with the green smoothie for a two-toned, extra refreshing, smoothie popsicle version.
The Health Benefits of Orgnifi’s Green Smoothie Popsicles
All of our green smoothie popsicle ingredients have outstanding health benefits, and we chose them because the combination results in a super-charged green smoothie alternative that everyone loves. My favorite key elements are coconut milk and Kiwi.
So what makes our smoothie popsicle so healthy?
- May support liver function
- May boost energy levels and brain power
- Could help you get mental clarity
- Promotes healthy skin, hair, and nails
- Could help reduce stress leveraging the adaptogenic herb Ashwagandha
- May help detoxify your body and flush toxins out
- Provides your body with healthy nutrients and superfoods that aid in blood purification like chlorella, matcha green tea, and wheatgrass
#2 Coconut Milk
- Could support your weight loss journey with medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), that stimulate fat-burning thermogenesis a.k.a heat production.
- May also support the immune response with lauric acid, which has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Coconut milk is packed with nutrients such as magnesium and potassium which muscles use to repair broken down tissue and to grow back stronger (ideal for post-workout treats)
- Coconut milk does not need to be fully digested first before your body can use it
- Great source of energy for your brain
- Excellent source of plant-based iron
- Excellent source of minerals: magnesium, potassium, and iron
- Contains flavonoids and antioxidants
- High amounts of vitamins E, A, K
- Extraordinarily high in vitamin C
- Rich in fiber that helps with digestion
- Could lower blood pressure
- High in niacin, zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese
- Helps lower your risk of numerous health problems related to oxidative stress
- Contain a wide variety of phytonutrients with anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties
- Promotes digestion
- A natural stimulant that gives your brain an energizing boost
- Could improve the activity of your brain
- Has a cooling and soothing effect
#6 Lemon & Lime
- Act as a blood purifier and cleansing agent
- Protects against inflammation
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, and protein
Love this idea? We have other healthy, nutritious, and easy to make recipes for summer treats that keep you extra chill.
Green Smoothie Popsicle Alternatives for Your Sweet Tooth
Chocolate Chip And Protein Nice Cream: combining almond butter, bananas, organic sugar-free chocolate chips, and plant-based complete protein, this recipe is a summer winner. It’s Non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free, whey-free, dairy-free, and guilt-free! You’ll love it, it’s the perfect post-workout treat.
Mango Protein Shake: this recipe gives you an energy boost with Moringa (one of the ingredients in our green juice powder) which kicks your system up a notch, without leading to that dreaded crash caffeine has. It’s sweet and buttery, an excellent follow up to this green smoothie popsicle recipe if you have coconut milk leftovers.
Iced Green Tea Latte: if iced lattes are your go-to snack, this healthy version with matcha green tea latte version will delight your senses. Done in three to five minutes, it’s one of our most popular recipes.
Homemade Berry Ice Cream: killer flavor meets simplicity, this ice cream doesn’t need to freeze over (it uses frozen ingredients!) and is ready to eat right away. You either already have the ingredients or can quickly pick them up at the grocery store, so it’s an easy option for those extra busy days.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Waffles: we made these for mother’s day, but they’re good any time you want a healthy breakfast that also feels like a party in your mouth. We love to pair these with the homemade berry ice cream above; it’s the healthiest way to get yourself that brunch experience without any of the unwanted fat, added sugar, and questionable chemicals.
Treat Yo’ Self (With Love)
To quickly cool off on a hot afternoon, pop one of these Organifi Green Smoothie Popsicles into your mouth or try one of our other icy refreshments; they’re most likely healthier than most seemingly harmless fitness drinks. However, if you do go for another “pleasure” drop the guilt and enjoy it.
And yes, we’re talking about food here! (We keep it PG people!)
Remember, food is neither good nor bad. And guilt or shame should never accompany your meals or snacks, it’s OK to have a less-than-ideal meal every once in a while. Use these recipes as a way to keep you on track to meet your goals, cultivate a healthy relationship with food, and to nourish your body in gentle ways.
Did you fall off the wagon? Want to reboot your system and kill those sugar cravings the natural way? Try our 7-Day Green Smoothie Challenge and watch yourself get back in the game!
Deprivation sucks, and at Organifi we don’t believe in it. We believe in making lifestyle changes that make being healthy your way of life, and not some sort of punishment! You’ll get better results when you treat yourself with care.
Try this smoothie popsicle recipe and tell us how it went! We love to see your success stories, so feel free to tag and message.
About The Author
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.